• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Too many drivers

TribalWay

Im sitting in brockton Ma. On a rainy day right now. Been waiting for an hour for a call.

When i first started you could make $125 a day here no problem and it was nice easy driving.

I dont begrudge a person for working. But theres Too many drivers now. So many that the surge as we know it doesnt even exist. Thats the way uber wants it.

Merc7186

My market opened up at the beginning of last summer and it was fine because the ant population was very thin.

This year, when the snow stopped flying, the ants crawled out of their holes, destroyed all surge and crowd our streets.

I am just waiting patiently for the snow to start flying again, so I can reclaim what is mine....

(On a side note, I am making more now than last summer because I am a smarter driver)

I am willing to bet ants will give up at the lack of cash. This has happened in the last few years of driving. Detroit gets mass of drivers and then they all quite and here comes the cash.

landtank

a lot of part time to jump in. Uber don't know how to management the driver. soon or later uber will lost a lot of full time driver.

landtank

uber need define grade for the driver and also has working schedule. Now so many. Some professional driver come in. Normally doing 2 days will quick. Why don't earn the money. One delivery in Chinese or pizza restaurant income over 140/day(1-4). I delivery almost 20 years. Uber the delivery management is very worst.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
uber need define grade for the driver and also has working schedule. Now so many. Some professional driver come in. Normally doing 2 days will quick. Why don't earn the money. One delivery in Chinese or pizza restaurant income over 140/day(1-4). I delivery almost 20 years. Uber the delivery management is very worst.
Neat idea, but I would have little interest in a schedule because, as a part timer, the flexibility is one of the most attractive traits of driving for Uber. I suppose they could make the schedule optional, and provide incentives for drivers to drive during "shifts", and perhaps get rewarded for a high acceptance rate / low cancellation rate during their "shift".

touberornottouber

It's really bad here too. One thing which REALLY scares me is the thought of how bad it is going to be in November and December this year with all these people desperate to earn extra money for the holidays. It was bad last year. This year is going to be horrible.

Drivesforfree

Im sitting in brockton Ma. On a rainy day right now. Been waiting for an hour for a call.

When i first started you could make $125 a day here no problem and it was nice easy driving.

I dont begrudge a person for working. But theres Too many drivers now. So many that the surge as we know it doesnt even exist. Thats the way uber wants it.
Yeah, I get many riders who are also Uber or Lyft drivers goin to pick up their car and riders that tell me when they get a car they are going to start ride-sharing. Last night I got a rider badgering me to use her referral for Lyft. I don't really want another app that just dissapoints me :frown: I'm starting a job Monday and getting out of the ride share game. This over saturation will chase off many full time drivers and leave the driving to people that are just doing it for extra cash. Either way the ride share companies will still make their

1974toyota

Rocky Marciano

a lot of part time to jump in. Uber don't know how to management the driver. soon or later uber will lost a lot of full time driver.
Let me draw ya a PIC............ Uber has Ice water in there algo veins, they don't give a flying F about there drivers, 66% of new drivers quit in the 1st 6 months,96% quit after 1 year? Ubers motto? churn em and burn$$$ em,JMO

It's really bad here too. One thing which REALLY scares me is the thought of how bad it is going to be in November and December this year with all these people desperate to earn extra money for the holidays. It was bad last year. This year is going to be horrible.
Uber is a side GIG, you need 12 side gigs to make it these days,jmo

reg barclay

I don't mean to be argumentative, but maybe the drivers before you signed up, were making $175 a day no problem. Where do we draw the line at allowing new drivers? Again, I'm not taking about you personally, but when people argue that there are two many drivers, they always seem to want that line to be drawn sometime after they signed up.

1974toyota

Uber shouldn't do squat. Their profits are not affected by number of drivers, only the number of rides given.

Basically Uber is like day labor for middle class people... instead of standing at the local HD or Lowes, we sit in our cars.
Good Analogy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Raleigh-Durham 5
Wardog Madison 1
Pax Collector Stories 2