• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Too Many drivers in Hollywood.

Hunter420

Whats up with so many drivers now. It's like a 3 second wait time. Really? The amount of pax requesting drivers isn't going to increase with more drivers, its just making the drivers make less money. There should be a quota of how many drivers. Its just ridiculous from a few months ago. Add all the lyft, uber and taxis and its like 1000 times more then 6 months ago. 1 second wait time soon.

Optimus Uber

Whats up with so many drivers now. It's like a 3 second wait time. Really? The amount of pax requesting drivers isn't going to increase with more drivers, its just making the drivers make less money. There should be a quota of how many drivers. Its just ridiculous from a few months ago. Add all the lyft, uber and taxis and its like 1000 times more then 6 months ago. 1 second wait time soon.
Three cars on every corner. Two for the rides and a back up one just in case.

Weekends the number of cars increase 10 fold.

I was going to come out last night. But fell asleep and didn't wake up until 4 am. So I did morning rides.

Post a screen shot so we can get a visual on the issue.

Hunter420

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can tell, because theirs like 20 cars on each block. Just drive around and look! I don't have a helicopter to take an arial shot, sorry!- lol it's app only shows 8 drivers, but there's actually 3 times more then that. No more surges when so many drivers, even during peak hours.

Hunter420

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greed is gonna destroy lyft n Uber. And when they get self driving cars, who is gonna pay for their car matinence and cost? All they have to do is treat us like employees and not rob us blind, with 2.12 cent rides!! I can get my baby CB now! Weeeee!!!!

Uruber

Hollywood is really close to where I live so I use to start my driving day in there but in the last couple of weeks it has been really hard to get pins in there, so many drivers, it is crazy. They even hired a security guard in the Jack in the Box of Sunset and Cahuenga to kick out drivers from the lot.I was having an Ice coffee in my car and he came to tell me that drivers could not be there, showed him my Ice coffee with a simple "I am a costumer" reply and he apologized and left. But yeah I am not going that much to Hollywood anymore.

Shaitan1

As long as you eventually get a ride, it is actually nice to only be given destinations that are really close. I would rather wait 10 minutes and get a ping close by then get pings that require 10 minutes of driving.

That is of course assuming demand is high enough you will actually get a ping in a reasonable time frame.

mghtyred

Hollywood is really close to where I live so I use to start my driving day in there but in the last couple of weeks it has been really hard to get pins in there, so many drivers, it is crazy. They even hired a security guard in the Jack in the Box of Sunset and Cahuenga to kick out drivers from the lot.I was having an Ice coffee in my car and he came to tell me that drivers could not be there, showed him my Ice coffee with a simple "I am a costumer" reply and he apologized and left. But yeah I am not going that much to Hollywood anymore.
I know that guy. If I'm in Hollywood when I get hungry, that's where I go. He never kicks me out, usually talks to me about crazy things he sees out there.

I live in Hollywood, so I usually start there. Most of the time, I'm not picking up there beyond my first trip. Way too many drivers flock to the blvd, and the fares are usually crap. Last night I was unfortunate enough to end up there for bar break. Got a fare out of Playhouse. Where did they go? Around the corner to CVS for booze. Oh, and they wanted me to wait. Got pissed off when I told them no. "We just goin' in and getting some bottles! Why you not gonna wait? You racist or something?" I explained it was CVS at bar break, the line will be 20 minutes long, and I'm not sitting around in CVS parking lot for 15 cents a minute waiting for you to come out and take you around the corner" "15 cents a minute! Damn that's expensive! @@@@ you, uber!"

Better fares outside of Hollywood blvd. Even WeHo is better.

mghtyred

Silverlake/Echo Park is also good. Almost exactly like WeHo.

• both surge
  • both get good distance fares in/out
  • both have their fare share of drunken/entitled @@@@@@@@
Only downside to Silverlake/Echo Park are the crazy hills and tiny streets, but like WeHo, there's $ there.

saucy05

Close to 1 hr in DTLA area without a single ping. Haven't seen it this bad since I started. Weekend warrior are out in force.

Screwdriver

Three cars on every corner. Two for the rides and a back up one just in case.

Weekends the number of cars increase 10 fold.

I was going to come out last night. But fell asleep and didn't wake up until 4 am. So I did morning rides.

Post a screen shot so we can get a visual on the issue.
That's why I'm in Newport since last night

Kicking it here

tohunt4me

Too many drivers EVERYWHERE !
Pay rate is unsustainable.
Fuel RATES are increasing.

tohunt4me

Greed is gonna destroy lyft n Uber. And when they get self driving cars, who is gonna pay for their car matinence and cost? All they have to do is treat us like employees and not rob us blind, with 2.12 cent rides!! I can get my baby CB now! Weeeee!!!!
When they get self driving cars ,the RATES will go up.