1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Too many drivers in brevard from othet areas

Discussion in 'Brevard County' started by Xmikem1967x, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Xmikem1967x

Xmikem1967x New Member

Just wondering what everybody else thinks but it's my opinion that drivers from surrounding areas ( Orlando, south Florida, xcetera) should not be allowed to drive in our County. Am I correct in my understanding that our rates in Brevard are higher than those areas? It just sucks when you go out and try to make some money and there are so many drivers that you rarely get a ping. I drive from South Palm Bay on Babcock through downtown Melbourne over to the beaches and all the way to Cocoa Beach and just sucks so there's so many drivers. Any advice of what I'm doing wrong I usually come out Thursday Friday Saturday from like 8:30 p.m. until 3 in the morning.

2. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If we locked up areas as reserved for a few special drivers we'll become what we hate, taxi cab company monopolies. What will fix the problem is the unemployment rate going down and the employment rate going up. The more jobs available that pay better than Uber the fewer Uber drivers there will be.

3. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Well-Known Member

Regulation would stop that problem in a heartbeat. Only drivers living in Brevard can drive Brevard.

4. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I live in Brevard and sometimes work in Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, and Miami.

5. Buckiemohawk

I thought you didnt have a car anymore and worked another job

LarDog70 likes this.

6. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Whatever.
    I'm saving up for another car.

wk1102 likes this.
  7. Buckiemohawk

You truly are a lemming

The Mollusk likes this.
  8. Xmikem1967x

Xmikem1967x New Member

Well here it goes unbelievable another Friday and Saturday night trying to earn halfway decent pay. i made $50 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday night and $70 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Saturday night Everywhere I Go in Brevard there are so many Uber drivers out. I talked to a lot of my passengers and they tell me that they are frustrated because a lot of their drivers don't even speak English and are not even from our area and don't know the roads in our area. I tried to at least be cordial with my passengers use my knowledge of the area to make a safe Pleasant ride-- it just sucks that you can't make much money over here anymore even though our rates are higher than some other areas. There should be limits on where you can drive based on where you live I understand that sometimes Uber needs extra people to work at events ( Orlando this weekend) but I don't think it's fair that people that live in a certain area can't make a decent amount of money because others are flooding our area. When I first signed up I was told I could work any place in Florida except Miami Jacksonville and Gainesville so if they can tell me that they should be able to tell other people they can't work in specific areas as well.... I'm all for everybody making a decent amount of money but they should be able to do in their own 50 or 60 mile radius.

9. Jagent

Jagent Moderator Moderator

The rates should be the same all over the state. Uber doesn't care about you. They are a horribly managed company.

wk1102 likes this.
  10. Orlando_Driver

Orlando_Driver Well-Known Member

Hey Sly did you get another car?

11. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope. I keep spending the money I save on other stuff. But my Eckler's job is 10 minutes away, by car. If I have to I'll break out the 10-speed bike.

12. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I hear about folks from Breward going over to Orlando because it's busier even thou rates are lower...

So it goes both ways...

Either way from what i hear, there are too uber cars in Breward county...

It's just proof to me that the cap on the number of taxis existed for a reason, the cap might have been too low but it existed for a reason..

Buckiemohawk likes this.
  13. davids83

davids83 Member

I dont even bother ubering at night time any more unless it's surging which it never does any more. It's not worth the head ache

14. stubones99

stubones99 New Member

If you guys didn't already know, Lyft is operating in Brevard and Volusia counties now.

I've run the lyft app for a few days and never gotten a hit. Most people think there is only one option here. Too bad they don't post Lyft signs around town!

15. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Do Uber Partners really "hate" tax "monopolies"? I certainly know that the Uber brass in San Francisco officially does, but I think that was always just a talking point to wedge themselves into the Ride for Hire business- which was always extremely competitive and cutthroat.

16. Human v2.0

Human v2.0 Member

I do some days where all I get are Lyft requests, but it's at least 4 to 1 in favor of Uber.

17. Caldufo11

Caldufo11 Active Member

everybody uses uber. even my grandmother knows how to use it...