Too Little, Too Late ?

Hugh G

Just 1 business day before the 1st Oct my Partner has actually notified me that there may be more than Uber stickers to change on our vehicles.

Uber has finally notified drivers of the need to apply for a Booked Hire Service Licence.

Uber's email suggests that once the DTMR requirements are finalised they will reach out to drivers with this information

"We are working with Department of Transport (DTMR) to confirm exactly what they require as part of the Booked HIre Service LIcence. We will keep you up to date with the requirements when the details have been finalised."

The website personalisedtransport.tmr.qld.gov.au/ride-booking-changes has had information and updates available for close on 2 months, yet Ubers email implies it has just been announced and yet to be finalised.

Too Little, Too Late....png

The way my Partner operates appears baffling and I might soon be seeking a divorce.

Golfer

Just 1 business day before the 1st Oct my Partner has actually notified me that there may be more than Uber stickers to change on our vehicles.

Uber has finally notified drivers of the need to apply for a Booked Hire Service Licence.

Uber's email suggests that once the DTMR requirements are finalised they will reach out to drivers with this information

"We are working with Department of Transport (DTMR) to confirm exactly what they require as part of the Booked HIre Service LIcence. We will keep you up to date with the requirements when the details have been finalised."

The website personalisedtransport.tmr.qld.gov.au/ride-booking-changes has had information and updates available for close on 2 months, yet Ubers email implies it has just been announced and yet to be finalised.

View attachment 162578

The way my Partner operates appears baffling and I might soon be seeking a divorce.

Single life has it's advantages !!

Thing

They didn't enter the market legally & then operated illegally for a few years, so I doubt if they would be overly interested in providing drivers with legislation requirements.. especially when you consider that quite a few drivers may think its becoming to expensive & stop driving..

Its better for Uber if you keep driving regardless of the legislation requirements & keep feeding Uber their 25% :confused:, the fact that you may get hundreds of $$$ in fines is irrelevant to them...

Golfer

They didn't enter the market legally & then operated illegally for a few years, so I doubt if they would be overly interested in providing drivers with legislation requirements.. especially when you consider that quite a few drivers may think its becoming to expensive & stop driving..

Its better for Uber if you keep driving regardless of the legislation requirements & keep feeding Uber their 25% :confused:, the fact that you may get hundreds of $$$ in fines is irrelevant to them...

Have I been under some misconception, now you tell me, they don't actually give a Sxxt anymore,
In the good ol' days , when you went to the hub, the millenials ,would Shake Your Hand ,with a welcoming smile , and how can we help,
REACHING OUT MENT SOMETHING !
In my last visits to the hub nobody "Reached out" to shake my hand!!
It's just a job to them , and I guess one more whinging driver ,from the past makes me irrelevant to the future!!!
Gone are the days of the " tin sheds" at Sunnybank and Hendra, the Beast now , has totally different conception.

Last edited:

Spursman

Seems that oober can't decide whether or not it is their responsibility to hold our hands through the changes as we are independent contractors and need to get our own shit together. Personally I am okay with that as I can research the legislation well enough to figure out what needs to be done and when.

What really gets me angry are these recent belated messages from oober which seem to imply that they have only just found out about the regs. Who are they trying to to fool?

The lack of accurate information being given to new drivers (who are blissfully unaware of the new regulations) is appalling.

Bandy

Seems that oober can't decide whether or not it is their responsibility to hold our hands through the changes as we are independent contractors and need to get our own shit together. Personally I am okay with that as I can research the legislation well enough to figure out what needs to be done and when.

What really gets me angry are these recent belated messages from oober which seem to imply that they have only just found out about the regs. Who are they trying to to fool?

The lack of accurate information being given to new drivers (who are blissfully unaware of the new regulations) is appalling.
they're getting novice, ignorant drivers committed then springing cost associated surprises on them every other week...

Lowestformofwit

^^^^
Struck the nail cleanly on the head there.
Seems like Uber is determined to either maintain its “outlaw” image, or work by the time-honoured “better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission”.
Much the same thing, really.
Of course, I might be reading too much into it - could it just be that their local management and staff are REALLY STUPID (which would be in line with their global office staffing policy).

Uberdar

I'll give the new CEO a chance. Lets see how he goes over the next month or so. Thrown in the deep end but he seems to be legit in his approach. Guess time will tell but so far people are still catching uber at an increasing rate and I dont know about the rest of you but the last few weeks have been quite good and profitable. Would still like to see our 20% given back that they took over a year ago. (Which was suppose to be temporary ..... cough cough)