• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Too Funny... Uber you really did it.

SCdave

Or here is a trade-off. Drivers will help Uber be compliant with ADA. We'll take on the additional cost/risk of doing so, while you (Uber) do, well, again, noth'n.

But I want a Tip Option like Uber Taxi. Ya know, Quid pro quo.

You (Uber) get compliance with ADA. Service is cashless. Did I mention, Uber gets ADA Compliance?

Not Me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or here is a trade-off. Drivers will help Uber be compliant with ADA. We'll take on the additional cost/risk of doing so, while you (Uber) do, well, again, noth'n.

You (Uber) get compliance with ADA. Service is cashless. Did I mention, Uber gets ADA Compliance?
I agree!

Realityshark

So here is it in a Nut Shell. No ADA compliance, Uber gets fined and/or shut down.
The problem is that there are plenty of drivers who will do whatever Uber tells them to do because Uber has plenty of drivers unable to do anything else with their lives. That includes driving their car into a worthless piece of crap and working for less than $1 per mile. There it really is in a nutshell.

These drivers are so desperate, they'll give head to the seeing eye dog, just in the hope that they will get a 5 star rating and bump up that crappy 4.6.

SharedRideTruther

So true. So don't refuse anyone a ride. But that does not mean you have to haul their shit in the back of the trunk.

The ADA rules say nothing about you getting out of your car, folding shit up and putting it away in your car. That is why, I'll drive them, no problem at all. But don't expect me to fold your shit up.

I'm now starting to just flip the truck open, while seated in my car, so that the rider can put their luggage in the trunk. 9 out of 10 LAX rides are no tips.
I've also started using the excuse (forgot the name of the driver here on this forum that wrote about it) "Uber does not provide drivers with Worker's Comp. If I pull a muscle I won't be able to drive and make any money."
And if they come back, trying to be smart like "but I'll give you a tip". I say "let me see it". That's when they either put up, or shut up!
No 'let me see it", rather "ok, let me get it now, upfront".

After all, you are an Uber 'naughty person' (read who*re), and they ALWAYS get their cash upfront.

Not that I speak from experience, just movies I've watched, mind you...

poopy

So this paris hilton looking chick pinged me, I pull up she has this little dog on a leash. I say no pets, she says please, I say sorry no pets, she says what if I keep her on my lap, I say sorry no pets. She says its a service animal. What should I have done..?
You should have said: "@@@@@, please shut up. I'm talking to the doggie."

ocbob2

If they add a tip option for Access, I bet Uberx drivers will take that chance for the sake of a possible tip. I doubt the average tip will be as low as 15-20% knowing what the driver goes through to get them in and out.

groovyguru

So I got an email about how great it would be if I could sign up for uBer Assist, where uBer f's you over while you provide excellent service to the disabled. I simply wrote back, "For .80 cents a mile? You people are out of your minds." In return I got this email from "Queen."

upload_2015-9-18_19-32-36.png