Too Damn Many Drivers in Orlando

Sly

I'm just waiting for all you people to quit and get real jobs then I'll go back to driving for 1.60 per mile. Used to make good money in Uber now only the losers who can't get real jobs do it.

Bob Reynolds

They have not increased their mileage. Money was good in 2014 and 2015 until the 4 rate cuts killed the goose that laid the golden egg.

The funny thing was that riders never complained about the price when the rates were higher.

New Uber

The problem is lots of people QUIT, because they simply can't pay bills, mortgage etc with Uber pay. BUT more people move to Orlando and have the brilliant idea of doing Fuber. It's a vicious cycle

Sly

How many folks have we intercepted from starting Uber?

“Whats the pay doing Uber?”

“$7-10 an hour before expenses”

“Your joking right?”

“Lyft is advertising $400 in payments for 40 hours... so no”

Yeah kinda sad.
In Cocoa where I work I would've been satisfied with the pay we were getting if we didn't have to sit around for 2 hours waiting for a ping. It's like a lottery, hoping for an Airport run.

In Orlando, where I sometimes worked between Medical Transportation gigs, I stay busy like I like to stay busy. But they pay so little after you include the cost of getting to the pax in the first damn place. And forget about providing water, I'm already not making a profit.

I ended up getting my car repossessed. I couldn't afford the payments. Maybe someday after everyone gets smart and gets real jobs I'll save up enough money for a car and will Uber again. probably not.

Bob Reynolds

In Cocoa where I work I would've been satisfied with the pay we were getting if we didn't have to sit around for 2 hours waiting for a ping. It's like a lottery, hoping for an Airport run.

In Orlando, where I sometimes worked between Medical Transportation gigs, I stay busy like I like to stay busy. But they pay so little after you include the cost of getting to the pax in the first damn place. And forget about providing water, I'm already not making a profit.

I ended up getting my car repossessed. I couldn't afford the payments. Maybe someday after everyone gets smart and gets real jobs I'll save up enough money for a car and will Uber again. probably not.

And that is the problem........ Many of us really liked doing this. The problem was that we are losing money on every Uber ride once they lowered the rates for the 4th time. We didn't want to quit. We had to quit or go bankrupt doing Uber.

Shine'ola

classic thread, I remember hanging with a group or two on weekends downtown, we all turned our apps off at 1:30, if the surge hit 3x we were back on by 2:15am