Too bad I have to do my day job

ABC123DEF

Yeah, enjoy not risking your car or your life or for not putting time, gas, and resources into a company that doesn't give 2 poops about you.

Uberdancer

Yeah, enjoy not risking your car or your life or for not putting time, gas, and resources into a company that doesn't give 2 poops about you.
"...sounds like some of my friends' employers, as well as some of my past employers ... "

At least as a independent contractor, you can quit anytime you please without any kind of HR repercussions ... so, why don't you?

Why suffer the indignity of "risking your car or your life or for not putting time, gas, and resources into a company that doesn't give 2 poops about you."

Just quit ....

You Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

ABC123DEF

Not that I owe you any explanation of my life...but I've been sending resumes, cover letters, references, applications constantly networking on Linkedin and on a personal business website for over a year. I'll leave it at that. I entered Uber in 2014 when the money was actually decent to very good. There is NO money in this in the mid-sized market where I live anymore.

Uberdancer

Ah, well ... it would appear diversification in the product is what is needed ... transporting people ... what else can be transported in a car cross-town??

ABC123DEF

You live in San Francisco....I live in Tennessee. We don't have all these transportation apps or demand for them here. I'm trying to get OUT of this business...not get more involved with it.