Tons of uber pool

JoeChargersfan

So far this week 50% of all my rides are pool rides from uber. Anyone else noticing a massive increase of pool rides? Or is it because so many are canceling on these. It's getting ridiculous plus they get pissed when they have to share the ride which ends in a bad rating because they are in a hurry. Who orders a pool ride if your in a hurry, cheap @@@@@@bags.

Tidballa

Just took a Lyft to the airport. Refused to do poo even though it was 50% cheaper. Tipped cash. My driver refuses to do uber because he hates Travis so much. He signed up the very first day uber started. He says he makes more doing just Lyft.

JoeChargersfan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just took a Lyft to the airport. Refused to do poo even though it was 50% cheaper. Tipped cash. My driver refuses to do uber because he hates Travis so much. He signed up the very first day uber started. He says he makes more doing just Lyft.
I also work for lyft and if it wasn't for the bonus offers they are giving me I might just do lyft most of the time again. I make more per ride on lyft. Also seems like uber rides are from a few blocks to a couple miles vs lyft most of my requests are 10miles or more. I don't get very many line requests either. I'm an XL and plus driver which get regular requests as well so I'm only getting 18.5miles per gallon so those cheap rides are killing me.

Andrew Thun

Food for thought. New drivers do not receive Pool pings until they have completed 50 rides, if I remember correctly. There are tons of new drivers out there. But I know I am rejecting pings. There are probably a ton of other factors also.

Blushark

No Poo trips on my account....soon as I see it go off on my App I laugh and watch it time out, guess those clients are willing to wait for some other sucker. I do on occasion get pooled in on stacked trips. Then I grin and grind it out. But no thanks otherwise.

Horsebm

Tons of Uber Pool, ie; tons of cheep passengers !
Definition; Uber Cesspool !

I have never accepted a Pool request and never will.

JoeChargersfan

I made $1.86 on one uber pool fare lol. Seriously what a joke. And $3.86 with the 2nd rider with a total of 22 mins of driving total from getting the calls to dropping off both riders. That math makes no sense.

Horsebm

I made $1.86 on one uber pool fare lol. Seriously what a joke. And $3.86 with the 2nd rider with a total of 22 mins of driving total from getting the calls to dropping off both riders. That math makes no sense.
This further confirms that Pool requests are a total waste of time and money. Enough said.

Poolepit

Doesnt Uber punish you for not accepting poo requests at all like threaten you with deactivation or does it go against your acceptance rate?
2-3 missed requests in a row result in a 4 minute timeout. Obviously not taking them goes against your acceptance rate but from my understanding you can not be deactivated over it. Just cancellations.

JoeChargersfan

With the 2 min no show and you get to cancel does help out. I did have a pool rider say I'm in a hurry I need to get to work quick. Lucky for them no one for paired up, I don't decline the 2nd rider for 2 reasons. 1 most people
2-3 missed requests in a row result in a 4 minute timeout. Obviously not taking them goes against your acceptance rate but from my understanding you can not be deactivated over it. Just cancellations.
From the recent law suit they now can not deactivate you for canceling requests.
https://techcrunch.com/2016/04/21/u...ment-to-keep-drivers-independent-contractors/