Tolls and Line/Pool

Docaces

If I take a pool/line ride with 2 separate pax's, and we go through a toll with both riders together, I wonder,
Does Luber charge both the full toll, or do they cut it in half?

Docaces

Don't do pool, line is fine, now that they pay the same. Especially if 2nd pax is going farther than 1st pax. If they aren't, then I usually cancel the second. I was only asking above question because I was curious if they are double billing tolls and pocketing the extra toll. I would hope they split it between the two parties. And yes, i always get my tolls unless it's express lanes. Which there should be a way to charge them if they request it, which is rare.

Jc.

i always get my tolls unless it's express lanes. Which there should be a way to charge them if they request it, which is rare.
It's called cash.
I tell them if they want me to go through express lanes they have to foot the bill, in cash. If the do I go through it, I also have a hov decal so the express lanes a free for me

JimKE

Don't do pool, line is fine, now that they pay the same. Especially if 2nd pax is going farther than 1st pax. If they aren't, then I usually cancel the second. I was only asking above question because I was curious if they are double billing tolls and pocketing the extra toll. I would hope they split it between the two parties. And yes, i always get my tolls unless it's express lanes. Which there should be a way to charge them if they request it, which is rare.
Be careful with your wording. Line is the same as regular Lyft -- which is 4.5 cents per mile less than UberX.

I take probably half of the line rides offered. I don't take them early morning or busy times/places where I am likely to get a better ride. I also cancel no-show the second the countdown times out.

You have to also watch out for Lyft locking you up with one "Ride added to your queue" after another without asking whether you want the additional rides. Lyft is very manipulative.

Jc.

You have to also watch out for Lyft locking you up with one "Ride added to your queue" after another without asking whether you want the additional rides. Lyft is very manipulative.
That's why I only pick some of the riders added
99% of the times I just pick only the first pax, whether it is pool or line.

In behaving a little more with lyft this week since they are offering me a guaranteed pay if I complete 55 rides

Pete Moran

when i wemt through toll with uber pool i send in a message about missed tolls for the 2nd pick up and got paid for it and did "other charges" to yhe 2nd person lol

I have not done uber since Irma passed by...

Gubber Singh

when i wemt through toll with uber pool i send in a message about missed tolls for the 2nd pick up and got paid for it and did "other charges" to yhe 2nd person lol

I have not done uber since Irma passed by...

Are you trying to cheat the cheaters?

rman954

Be careful with your wording. Line is the same as regular Lyft -- which is 4.5 cents per mile less than UberX.

I take probably half of the line rides offered. I don't take them early morning or busy times/places where I am likely to get a better ride. I also cancel no-show the second the countdown times out.

Lyft is the same as Uber's rate at 0.91 a mile before commission.

JSM0713

Here's something to think about. Let's say you're in downtown Miami at Bayside and you get a ping on Venetian Island. You go to pick up the Pax, and YOU are charged for the toll.... No reimbursement unless the Pax is in the car. No way am I paying for someone else's toll! I checked and Uber confirmed the toll is on the driver. I live in North Dade, get plenty of requests from Harbor Island and I refuse to go there and pay the $1.5o toll. I wrote Uber and told them I will NOT accept a ride request that requires I lay out any toll!

Docaces

Here's something to think about. Let's say you're in downtown Miami at Bayside and you get a ping on Venetian Island. You go to pick up the Pax, and YOU are charged for the toll.... No reimbursement unless the Pax is in the car. No way am I paying for someone else's toll! I checked and Uber confirmed the toll is on the driver. I live in North Dade, get plenty of requests from Harbor Island and I refuse to go there and pay the $1.5o toll. I wrote Uber and told them I will NOT accept a ride request that requires I lay out any toll!

Same problem with key Biscayne. Worse there because sometimes they aren't even leaving island, and ends up being min ride. 2.64-1.75=0.89 . Never go there.

Kodyhead

Same problem with key Biscayne. Worse there because sometimes they aren't even leaving island, and ends up being min ride. 2.64-1.75=0.89 . Never go there.
You guys get pings from the mainland or you go out there cause it was allegedly surging?

Docaces

Rarely move to surge. By the time I get there it is usually over. Haven't gotten any pings from key Biscayne, but I am rarely close to it. Solution for Venetian though, is go around via MacArthur. May take longer, but then pax might cancel. So at least it won't countagaunst you.

Hihosilver

Lyft Lines suck worse than Uber Pools. Once you accept there is no way to stop further requests so Lyft will add riders and you can't cancel them.

I accepted a Line on S Beach, picked up one guy. Second rider Lyft stuck we with brought 2 others, then Lyft added a 3rd party. When I complained to Cust Serv they ssid only thing I could do about a Line rider showing up with a party of 3 was cancel ride, but I already had a rider in car. Am I supposed to kick him out?

Another time I picked up 2 riders out in Miramar, took them to N Miami. Lyft got $17 from one, $19 from the other. I got $15 and change.

Will not do another Line again.