Toll reimbursement

Shanpai

Hey all,

First post here, hope everyone is doing well.

Long story short, I got a request for a ride out in Madison, NJ to go to NYC. I'm fairly sure I passed 1 toll on i78 and then the Holland Tunnel toll, neither of which the app shows I was reimbursed for in the fare details. Reached out to Uber support about this and they want ME to provide the names of the tolls and how much each toll charged. My first thought? How in the world am I supposed to remember the toll plaza name while driving? Does anyone have a source they use to look up toll names and current amounts? I've tried multiple sites and toll calculators but I can't come up with the information they're requesting.

Side note - I notice I'm being reimbursed $20 for either the GWB, Holland or Lincoln, is this the same for everyone? I'm rocking an Ez-Pass and when I last checked my account, it shows as charging $12.50? I hope this is an inconvenience fee for NJ drivers going into the city seeing as we can't pickup anyone without a T&LC plate.

ibeam23

Use the above toll calculator. Odds are in app support will credit you for the tolls.

We get $20 for crossing into Manhattan even though the toll is $12.50 peak and $10.50 off peak hours. It's still not worth the lost time driving into the city. Most experienced drivers refuse all NYC bound trips unless it's 2x or higher. Personally I haven't done a city trip in maybe 6 months now. With time and experience you will learn how to handle these situations. Good luck to you.

sash69

Ez Pass shows the name of the toll on their site. NYC tolls have always been correct for me, but I've had problems with PA and upstate NY.
Also if you get a trip to a borough other than Manhattan, make sure to switch your GPS to avoid tolls because you don't get reimbursed without a passenger.

NJKing

Ez Pass shows the name of the toll on their site. NYC tolls have always been correct for me, but I've had problems with PA and upstate NY.
Also if you get a trip to a borough other than Manhattan, make sure to switch your GPS to avoid tolls because you don't get reimbursed without a passenger.
Trip to Manhattan isn't worth doing, even with surge, if you can't get back and in position to accept rides in 15 minutes or less.

Coming back without a toll most likely will add substantial time and wears due to traffic, it could be better off to use toll to get back. Get a NY ezpass, if you haven't got it already, to minimize the cost.