• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Toddler Riders

Jacdino

Any drivers who come upon a situation when there are toddlers to be passenger with the rider with car seat and the car seat doesn’t have the proper hold downs straps or it doesn’t fit around the cars seat belts. Who is responsible and any driver’s take the rider under those circumstances? I fine out if you cancel trip it goes against your rating. Per two emails and support call. I not going on the limb to have a child in my car that isn't properly secured or even take a small toddler.

Jacdino

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Problem is what's the right seat as of 2019 in the U.S., the federal government has allowed each state to craft its own laws regarding child car seats. The result is varying regulations, which puts the onus on anyone driving with a child as a passenger to know the car seat laws in the states in which they reside or will be traveling in. I rather go thru a legal action not taken a child then for a rider telling me she/he is in their rights as far as the correct seat for that law according to state law..Very sticky!!!

Ah, I don't worry about it. Im not the parent - they are not my kids. I refuse to turn down money for bad parenting skills. besides - when we are on a trip we are under ubers insurance anyways

Jacdino

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah, I don't worry about it. Im not the parent - they are not my kids. I refuse to turn down money for bad parenting skills. besides - when we are on a trip we are under ubers insurance anyways
[/QUOTE
Sounds good about the insurance but have you seen a policy online or on paper sent to you? If so point it out.

Merc7186

Future UBER MADE ME BROKE THREAD because he got into an accident with a child not in a proper restraint.

Merc7186

I have a 22% Acceptance Rate and still average over 27/hr each week....You are right, I will DECILE trips that the pax puts me into a situation that is illegal 100% of the time.

You have Uber Pro potential.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

The state the state laws are very clear. I suggest you read them. For me Uber has always encouraged me to err on the side of safety and has always stood by my judgment.

I operate mostly in New Jersey and I know that the ticket for it no car seat or improper car seat is $475 plus points on your license.

I have declined rides because people have infants in what is the top part of a stroller that pops off. In New Jersey the car seat has to be rear-facing and it needs to have a 5-point harness.

I have asked police officers about what qualifies and you get different opinions from different people but the law is very clear.

islanddriver

And when you lose everything because some toddler got hurt in your car for no car seat .what will you do. Will you still think the $5 ride was worth it. When you will be paying for it for the rest of your life