Today's the BIG DAY? A Question

Krusty

This is the genius of uber, pay their workers so poorly that they simply cannot afford even one day off to strike and even if they do some desperate lease ants will just undermine them out of a shear need for survival.
I'm sure that Splend has sent out the memo, all hands on deck boys it going to be a good day to catch up on them lease payments.

KissMyHybrid

Strike? What about?....Unions promotion day?

Quite happy with current conditions in Melbourne thank you very much. Let the free market dictate the rules i say.

Not happy with Uber?... Drive for the competition! (plenty around nowdays) or go drive a Taxi.

Those who can't make ends meet simply don't know how to work and should not be running a business. The pay is around $28-35 gross per hour. About the same as casual rates elsewhere for a very flexible, enjoyable work.

Striking just for the sake of striking is BS. I only strike when there is a good reason to strike. When it comes to Uber I vote with my feet and reject base trips or pool, taking an Ola or Didi pings instead.

Drivers in the US had thier rates cut by 25% and surge stolen...now that's a good reason to strike, but IN THE USA.

Me definitly no strike today.

Last edited:

Llib07

Ok guys time to rise up. Peacefully ? of course.

WE control the supply of Ubers service. Lets raise the standard of drivers to stop dodgy drivers with poor english and driving skills.
Lets get a fair rate with a fair commission. Our demands for Melbourne is a $7 minimum fare with a goal of $10. This is reasonable and wont scare away passengers because most are here because of poor service not price. I heard that nearly every time from Uber customer.
If they are going to Uber for Low prices they can use public transport.

The Uber CEO will get a $50 million dollar bonus while we barely get enough to cover car costs.

While I was walking handing around flyers people were so tired they were sleeping in their cars. Thats not right and thats not fair that one person can buy 100 cars while we can barely pay for fuel and wear and tear.

Lets do this guys do not worry about the Uber employees on here or the misguided guys that think striking is for commies or whatever.
Ignore the guys that say we cant do anything because no other drivers will do it thats an excuse as most drivers I spoke to are really keen to do something.
Its up to each and every one of us who want something better for ourselves to do something. Lets do it and strike at 3pm or join me in the city at about 3-4pm for the drive around.

toekneehit

I will logoff at 3pm just for you , just like I do everyday , typical union shit talk about how much ceo's earn and he can buy 100 cars blah blah blah

Scuberdriver

Why don't you try strike all day??.. it would have more effect and besides that what do you make in a day you'd be missing out on a Wednesday $200

D-River

WE control the supply of Ubers service. Lets raise the standard of drivers to stop dodgy drivers with poor english and driving skills.
Lets get a fair rate with a fair commission. Our demands for Melbourne is a $7 minimum fare with a goal of $10. This is reasonable and wont scare away passengers because most are here because of poor service not price. I heard that nearly every time from Uber customer.

The Uber CEO will get a $50 million dollar bonus while we barely get enough to cover car costs.

While I was walking handing around flyers people were so tired they were sleeping in their cars. Thats not right and thats not fair that one person can buy 100 cars while we can barely pay for fuel and wear and tear.

Lets do this guys do not worry about the Uber employees on here or the misguided guys that think striking is for commies or whatever.
Ignore the guys that say we cant do anything because no other drivers will do it thats an excuse as most drivers I spoke to are really keen to do something.
Its up to each and every one of us who want something better for ourselves to do something. Lets do it and strike at 3pm or join me in the city at about 3-4pm for the drive around.
You do know the official protest is at 10am don’t you?

BuckleUp

Strike? What about?....Unions promotion day?

Quite happy with current conditions in Melbourne thank you very much. Let the free market dictate the rules i say.

Not happy with Uber?... Drive for the competition! (plenty around nowdays) or go drive a Taxi.

Those who can't make ends meet simply don't know how to work and should not be running a business. The pay is around $28-35 gross per hour. About the same as casual rates elsewhere for a very flexible, enjoyable work.

Striking just for the sake of striking is BS. I only strike when there is a good reason to strike. When it comes to Uber I vote with my feet and reject base trips or pool, taking an Ola or Didi pings instead.

Drivers in the US had thier rates cut by 25% and surge stolen...now that's a good reason to strike, but IN THE USA.

Me definitly no strike today.

Hmmm, although I am anxiously waiting for the status of Hubby's driving plan today, I can't help but address two issues you raised:

"running a business" - I hardly consider driving for uber running a business, it meets none of the definitions - now if you're going to use uber's riders to build your own client list and process your own payments and take your own bookings, that's a business

"taking an Ola" - so you're saying Ola is more profitable than uber - last I heard, 75% of ola trips are min fares round the corner by tightest asses there are.

clmre

Hmmm, although I am anxiously waiting for the status of Hubby's driving plan today, I can't help but address two issues you raised:

"running a business" - I hardly consider driving for uber running a business, it meets none of the definitions - now if you're going to use uber's riders to build your own client list and process your own payments and take your own bookings, that's a business

"taking an Ola" - so you're saying Ola is more profitable than uber - last I heard, 75% of ola trips are min fares round the corner by tightest asses there are.
For first few months they were pretty good, lots of pax using the discounts for long trips, rates were a bit better too... now a lot of this...

Attachments

• youdoodle-2019-05-08T07-46-38Z.jpg
    youdoodle-2019-05-08T07-46-38Z.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 125

KissMyHybrid

“Running a business” as contracting for all operators as well as building my own private clients base. Uber makes only 30% of my income. A business by any standard.

“Ola mostly short trips”...... you’ve heard wrong.

zanboor

I’ll log off at 3pm just for you and will go to the gym ?
Wondering what could be happening at the greenlight today

Attachments

• 9A80A0DF-395D-4301-8636-146362E354FD.png
    9A80A0DF-395D-4301-8636-146362E354FD.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 71

Lowestformofwit

Why don't you try strike all day??.. it would have more effect and besides that what do you make in a day you'd be missing out on a Wednesday $200
How about an all-weekend continuous strike?
Starting Friday 3.00PM straight through to 10.00AM Monday.
That should get the attention of nearly ALL of the over-entitleds.
Show that you’re genuine about income deprivation.

Hamza1994

I will be logging in for The 12 hour shift today at 3pm, Because 1 less driver striking will not make difference, And i will make the big money from trips other driver abandoning