Todays Rant.....

UberPig

I have to say.... once again I am astounded by some of the attitudes on this forum!!!
If this is the state of the on demand transport industry... it really does leave a lot to be desired.
Good on you guys who are doing the best you can under trying circumstances.
If not.... do yourself and the public a favour and find something else.
......RANT OVER..

Dog

The thing is, they won't quit.. Want to know why? Because it's the easiest Jon I've ever had.. I was more than happy to work for next to nothing whilst doing it. People would much rather work earning $15-20/hour after expenses than work a job where you are working in retail earning annual leave etc and 22-25 an hour.. Because it's easy, so because they don't want to work a boring job, they'll complain about the easy job not paying enough

bal

Hmm maybe I've got my priorities wrong. I prioritise my (casual) retail work over Uber cos at least it's guaranteed income between when I've clocked on and off ... and I get penalty rates when applicable ... and I couldn't sit on my arse for 12 hours a day trying to earn the same.

whocareaboutPAX

Tax deductions for me 100% legitimate use of it all, making bit of extra money and allows me to live well. I love the uber income it ownz

UberDriverAU

The thing is, they won't quit.. Want to know why? Because it's the easiest Jon I've ever had.. I was more than happy to work for next to nothing whilst doing it. People would much rather work earning $15-20/hour after expenses than work a job where you are working in retail earning annual leave etc and 22-25 an hour.. Because it's easy, so because they don't want to work a boring job, they'll complain about the easy job not paying enough
I don't think people would complain as much if they actually made the equivalent of minimum wages (~$24.23/hour) doing this easy job. That's the crux of the issue.

Potsy

I don't think people would complain as much if they actually made the equivalent of minimum wages (~$24.23/hour) doing this easy job. That's the crux of the issue.
When I signed up I went into the office and did not have to wait around and showed my licence etc and was online within the hour. Now with the rigmaole and time and expenses involved I'm sure a lot of people will be put off. Thats good for us existing drivers.

UberPig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say one last thing to clarify my rant... Before I leave this part of the the forum..
I was talking about the (seemingly) intense dislike of passengers. This is a job that requires you (as a minimum) to deal with the general public. If you cannot meet this requirement it is the wrong place for you to be...
Rant well and truly over.......

UberPig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say one last thing to clarify my rant... Before I leave this part of the the forum..
I was talking about the (seemingly) intense dislike of passengers. This is a job that requires you (as a minimum) to deal with the general public. If you cannot meet this requirement it is the wrong place for you to be...
What adtonds me I'd the (almost) hatred of their customers. Maybe try and educate a few of them. When I new the end was near for me .... Some pax jumped in drinking beer. I said to them... Don't you think it would be courteous to at least ask before coming into my car drinking?? By the end of the trip they said I was the best driver they had and wanted to book me for fifo run. It doesn't need to be done nastily... But of course there will be those that don't understand... OK 1 star them for other drivers...
Rant well and truly over.......

Last edited:

lui6155

I really dont care about pax. If they are a disgrase they are a disgrase. Im in it for me not to make them happy.
So given your attitude whocareaboutPAX, how do u keep your driver rating above the 4.75...or do u?
And from memory u drive an old magna so must be doing something correct if not ur personality and wheels.

HumungousDill

Yeah you're correct Piggy, I can't stand having those maggots, bottom feeders, losers, scum suckers, sh*theads and reprobates in my car, drinking their beers, talking about drugs, fiddling with my dashboard and sound system, leaving their trash and farts in my car, slamming my doors, eating in my car, etc etc. I put up with their behaviour without protest good naturedly at the time, so it's only natural I vent my feelings later in the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dog

whocareaboutPAX

So given your attitude whocareaboutPAX, how do u keep your driver rating above the 4.75...or do u?
And from memory u drive an old magna so must be doing something correct if not ur personality and wheels.
Actually driving a Subaru outback 2008 model, I picked up for 4 grand and its registered with Uber.
Was driving an 03 Magna but sold that for 2200.

Sweet chat with pax who aren't morons (young girls who sit in front / most guys who aren't wearing a suit / elderly) and I'm okay. Worst week I had was rating of 4.40 about 8 weeks ago. At 4.77 now. No water, no mints, no aux cord.