To what extent can we share our passenger/driver referral codes?

Grozniy Ivan

I've found several opportunities on rides to share a promo code (wife ordered the ride, husband has app but never used). It's an easy $10 here and there.

My question is, does Lyft care what methods we use to advertise our promo codes? For example I've seen them on websites and YouTube videos. Maybe on Craigslist?

Besides sharing on Facebook, I've considered posting it on message boards (at the apartment complex mailroom) and similar public spaces.

Any ideas, comments?

Uber Steve LV

Put something on the back of your headrest, Lyft and Uber will frown on you giving another apps code during their ride. But if it's posted, and you're not forcing it, then it like passive aggressive advertising. Just like the many posts on this forum. :rolleyes:

PrestonT

Put something on the back of your headrest, Lyft and Uber will frown on you giving another apps code during their ride. But if it's posted, and you're not forcing it, then it like passive aggressive advertising. Just like the many posts on this forum. :rolleyes:
They can frown all they want, until one of them is willing to start paying my Social Security taxes.

Reactions: LVC

LV-NightRider

Uber and Lyft both recommend sharing your code wherever possible, except online ad sites. Social media seems ok. They recommend apartment complex offices, bars, student union, auto repair, car dealer service department. Every person who gets in my car get a promo card for Uber, Uber Eats, and Lyft, (bartenders get a stack of cards) along with a brochure describing how to distinguish real vs fake drivers, when NOT to use Pool/Line, how we get paid, driver ratings, and rider ratings. Female riders get a cd with self defense videos pulled from You Tube. I tell them stories about why I am providing the videos, and that I use my tip money to cover the costs of making the disks.
Tips are averaging about 30% of weekly payouts. Tips on minimum fare rides average 100% of payout for both x and pool female riders. I only accept pool less than 5 minutes away, and turn off new requests. Lyft rides have dropped to near zero due to driver saturation since Uber's corporate problems, leaving more Uber for me.

Grozniy Ivan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber and Lyft both recommend sharing your code wherever possible, except online ad sites. Social media seems ok. They recommend apartment complex offices, bars, student union, auto repair, car dealer service department. Every person who gets in my car get a promo card for Uber, Uber Eats, and Lyft, (bartenders get a stack of cards) along with a brochure describing how to distinguish real vs fake drivers, when NOT to use Pool/Line, how we get paid, driver ratings, and rider ratings. Female riders get a cd with self defense videos pulled from You Tube. I tell them stories about why I am providing the videos, and that I use my tip money to cover the costs of making the disks.
Tips are averaging about 30% of weekly payouts. Tips on minimum fare rides average 100% of payout for both x and pool female riders. I only accept pool less than 5 minutes away, and turn off new requests. Lyft rides have dropped to near zero due to driver saturation since Uber's corporate problems, leaving more Uber for me.

That's awesome, thanks for the info. I especially like the Line/Pool advice. One girl yesterday probably missed her flight because she did a line to the airport with only 20 minutes til the check in cutoff, and we had a second pickup. I've had three line rides in the last week where the second passenger was going only 2 blocks or less... Wish I could ignore those.

PrestonT

That's awesome, thanks for the info. I especially like the Line/Pool advice. One girl yesterday probably missed her flight because she did a line to the airport with only 20 minutes til the check in cutoff, and we had a second pickup. I've had three line rides in the last week where the second passenger was going only 2 blocks or less... Wish I could ignore those.
Kudos to you for sticking with the pool and not disabling new pings to get here there on time. People want to cut your fare AND have you be their personal driver.

LV-NightRider

Kudos to you for sticking with the pool and not disabling new pings to get here there on time. People want to cut your fare AND have you be their personal driver.
I think he was referring to the fact we CAN disable subsequent pickups on Uber pool, but CANNOT disable subsequent pickups on Line. If there is a way to do it, other than simply not accepting Line, let us know.

PrestonT

I think he was referring to the fact we CAN disable subsequent pickups on Uber pool, but CANNOT disable subsequent pickups on Line. If there is a way to do it, other than simply not accepting Line, let us know.
Oh I see! I seem to accept Pool rides more often than I do Line. Mainly because Line lights up purple and is easier to distinguish. Pool sneaks in on me alot if I'm in traffic and accept out of habit.

LV-NightRider

Also, Uber sneaks in Pool by sending you an x ping 5 minutes away, you accept, then immediately reroute you to a rider 10 minutes away that you cannot tell what it is, since you are the closest driver to them (or no one else would accept), then when you pickup, it comes up pool, or a low rated rider and you drove 10 minutes to get there.

PrestonT

Also, Uber sneaks in Pool by sending you an x ping 5 minutes away, you accept, then immediately reroute you to a rider 10 minutes away that you cannot tell what it is, since you are the closest driver to them (or no one else would accept), then when you pickup, it comes up pool, or a low rated rider and you drove 10 minutes to get there.
I check the new pickup whenever Uber swaps on me for that very reason.