To wait or not to wait...

RogueErik

So, off season DTS sucks... we get a higher per mile/time but farrrrr less traffic.

Our cancel fee is the same as the rest of Jersey but EVERY ride will be more than the cancel because of our min fare.

Do we wait and train people to waste our time or do we cancel and accept that we would have gotten paid more...

Mysanthropic_Motorist

Train people....lol. You could do the best “practices” and it won’t matter. Just like all this “strike” nonsense. There will be an army of ants behind you waiting to clean up your scraps. 15 minutes to pickup a pool.....in a new BMW, for example. They’ll wait happily for their 0.12 a minute.

reg barclay

So, off season DTS sucks... we get a higher per mile/time but farrrrr less traffic.

Our cancel fee is the same as the rest of Jersey but EVERY ride will be more than the cancel because of our min fare.

Do we wait and train people to waste our time or do we cancel and accept that we would have gotten paid more...
Forget about educating pax. Do whichever one works best for you.

ZepFan

I just trained a pool rider. Sitting in the parking lot at the shops at riverside and I get a ping right at the mall.

Message comes in "I'm at PF Chang's!"

I could literally throw a stone from where I was. I pull up and no one comes out. Timer elapses, and I even gave her another minute, then cancel. $3.75 to basically go 2 feet.

RogueErik

Cancel the ride. A few minutes later you'll get another ping from the same customer. You get the cancellation fee and the fee for the ride. I do it all the time.
I’ve had riders who re-request rides inside my car and get matched with drivers 5 mins away... (pool riders who have more than 2 and people who forgot crap at home and are pool)