To those driving on NYE 👀

DoYouEvenLyft?

GO MAKE THAT MONEY!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I wish for success and safety for everyone driving tonight. NYE is the busiest night of the year, with great risk comes even greater rewards.

I've been seeing some pretty TEMPTING promotions on Uber. $75 extra for every 3 trips?????? That's wild, I've never seen it that high before. I couldn't force myself to drive nights like this even if i tried. I dont have it in me to deal with drunks and everything that comes with it.

My biggest fear is puke. Second to that is assault. I dont want to be the unlucky driver who gets vomit all over himself and his windows....radio...dash etc etc. I DEFINITELY dont want to be the driver who gets clobbered by some angry pax who couldn't get laid that night.

For drivers who are afraid of pax puking, I've learned a view things.
  1. Grab ALOT of towels that you dont use, or buy the cheap ones at Walmart. Take those towels and line the floor of your car. Make sure to cover as much as you can, in many layers as you can, and cut the towels to fit the odd areas if you want. THEN put the floor mats on top of the towels. I know this seems extra, but some added protection wont hurt.
  2. If you have cloth/leather seats and you dont have a seat cover, GO GET ONE IMMEDIATELY!!!!! If you cant find a seat cover that fits your car, use plastic wrap and wrap every inch of your seats. Plastic wrap is the stuff used to wrap food and sandwiches etc.. Now that your seats and floors are covered, the only exposed areas left are the windows and door panels. Easy to clean if they get dirty.
For drivers who are afraid of drunk pax who might get violent:
  1. PACK THE BIGGEST HEAT YOU CAN POSSIBLY PACK. IF YOU GOT MORE THAN ONE FORM OF HEAT, PACK EM ALL.
  2. Repeat step one.
Anyways, on that note:

wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

Cdub2k

I just clocked out of my little mini Noon-5PM adventure. It went smooth and I got my quick little Benny. I know that it gets awfully crazy from this point forward so I wish you all nothing but the best out there and please be safe.

Cdub2k

$75 per 3 trips?! 😲
They are offering $25 per 3 trips in New Orleans 10PM-4AM.

I'm already on Vanilla Crown on the rocks drink #2. I don't think I'll be able to cash in on that "quest". Speaking of Quest this was literally the 1st actual Quest of the entire year. I'm not counting the consecutive trip crap.

DoYouEvenLyft?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$25??????? FOR THREE TRIPS??????????? That is insulting. What is busier, Mardi gras or NYE?
They are offering $25 per 3 trips in New Orleans 10PM-4AM.

I'm already on Vanilla Crown on the rocks drink #2. I don't think I'll be able to cash in on that "quest". Speaking of Quest this was literally the 1st actual Quest of the entire year. I'm not counting the consecutive trip crap.

DoYouEvenLyft?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Raleigh nc is already looking like crap show. Best we are seeing is $55 for 10 rides tonight. There are so many ants out already, no surge.
Here in Pittsburgh Pa, everyone and their grandmothers are out anting. No surge at all today. I counted 10 cars in a row on the same street here in downtown....nuts I tell you

Nate5Star

Still so new with Uber, I have no promotions for tonight. Not really in any hurry to get out there anyway. I have yet to get in the car before 9pm. According to Uber ride app, there are 7 cars circling my neighborhood. Feel like there are vultures circling me.