1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

To report or not to report..

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Transeau, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Transeau

Transeau

So, I took my first ride as a pax today. Actually first two rides.

Buddy and I went to see Venom tonight. It looked like a great movie to see while a little stoned. So I ordered up an Uber to pick me up from my place, then pick up my buddy, then drop us at the theater. Hoped in the car and very first issue was a check-engine light and a tire pressure warning light. The profile says "NEW CAR" for the plate (the car had plates). The make and model matched. Driver's photo didn't look the same. On the way to my buddies house the drive sucked. Gas, break, gas, break... felt like a kids rollercoaster. Picked up buddy and on the way to the theater, a few more issues. First off, it looked like he hadn't cleaned the inside of the windshield in months. A nasty film on it. Next, my buddy asked how long he had been driving. He said "This is my second week". But profile says 1 year and 3000 drives. He had tons of nice comments and such. But you could tell he had no clue what he was doing.

So, do drivers share accounts? Do you report it?

I won't rate him or do anything until the morning - I'm really REALLY f'd up right now and I don't think it would be fair to act on it like this. Mostly because I get verbal diarrhea as you can likely tell already. Anyway. What do you think?

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  2. Too many red flags, deport him.

[​IMG]

3. Mista T

Mista T Author

Report his ass. It obviously was not the person who was supposed to be driving.

As far as the poor driving and cleanliness issue, let it go unless he was a jerk.

But letting someone else drive on your account is a major no-no, time to eliminate some competition!

gaijinpen, MoreTips, Rakos and 4 others like this.
  4. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    The guy probably posts on this forum and complains that he doesn't always get 5-stars for his excellent service.

5. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Was venom any better stoned because it wasnt good drunk....

...and Yeah, Report all day.

Rakos likes this.
  6. Maybe for some reason you made the guy nervous. Maybe he had a nail or something in his tire, or hit a pothole and it’s slightly off balance.

You did not mention that his alignment had an issue or the car was shuddering or pulling.

Maybe his windshield wiper fluid ran out and he’s got responsibilities where he needs to bust his butt with uber and did not pick it up.

Perhaps he said he just started because he felt he was being critiqued, was on the verge of in his mind s bad rating and hoped you would cut him some slack.

The nice thing to do would have been to say, hey, I drove uber too, there’s a lot of people out there that complain about windshields and dash lights.

Stop break seems you made the guy uncomfortable because a windshield had a film and his computer needs a reset for a low pressure read.

If the driver was not the same guy on the app you should have just gotten another uber, you obviously know you can’t share accounts and the question you posed vs your critiquing makes me feel you know better on this.

Jerryk2 likes this.
  7. JimKE

JimKE

Yep...

OR...instead of making a ton of feeble excuses, you could just report his sorry ass. Obviously an unauthorized driver and Uber needs to know about him.

gaijinpen and Rakos like this.
  8. The real driver was chopped up in the trunk on the way to be disposed of in the woods. Your bad vibes made him pass on you, but the millennial kid that was glued to his iPhone was not so lucky. Being a backseat driver does pay off

9. I’m just wondering, who would want to drive uber for a friend under their account ?

Add a phone to share for an Uber account and barely make enough to pay the bill ?

Let your friend take your car to make less than minimum wage where you obviously won’t benefit as the owner. Split pay at end of night ?

You get pulled over with a passenger you have a lot of issues coming, get in an accident and not be covered because your friend was ubering for you making next to nothing ? Can’t see it

Julescase likes this.
  10. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I hope by now that you've reported him, for not being the correct individual. I can certainly understand why you didn't do it earlier.

It's against the terms of service to have another person driving for you. It's a quick route to getting banned.

It's also why Uber occasionally asks drivers to take a selfie and share it with them. I've had two of those requests since I started driving in June.

Christine

Rakos likes this.
  11. mbd

mbd

Tpms- light will come when temperature swings ( if you don't monitor your air every month)... and usually people wait till morning to fill up the air
    What was his ratings

Had a lady last month said, she took a ride at night, and the car had two males...she said she hoped in the car,
    Then prayed... she did not know what to do .. I told her, cancel ...and always talk on the phone with somebody during a ride...

Rakos likes this.
  12. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn

Maybe it was just the weed. You imagined all the stuff.

Rakos likes this.
  13. mbd

mbd

Pax pictures never match . Most of the time, it is not even close... They all look the same to me .

14. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    And report them. It's a violation of the Terms of Service to have someone riding along, unless it's a pool ride.

C

Rakos and Julescase like this.
  15. Z129

Z129 Moderator

I have mixed feelings. My initial response is to give him a break. But since you are talking about a rival driver in the area I drive, I say throw him to the wolves.

MoreTips, Rakos and Julescase like this.
  16. Transeau

Transeau

While clear headed yesterday, I talked with my friend and we agreed that the guy was clearly driving for someone else, and he was a REALLY bad driver. My friend also pointed out that he kept his phone in his lap.

Reported and supplied two photos that I snapped of him while driving. One of his face, one of him with the phone in his hand.
    Didn't ask for a refund, but they gave me one anyway. That was nice, it covered the cost of the movie. (BTW, Venom was GREAT. I highly recommend it.)

17. MoreTips

MoreTips

The actual owner of the account will be like WTF, he will probably beat up his business partner for not using the phone mount and driving like sh!t. Then he'll go out to check his car and see the flat tire by now along with the newly discovered engine light. Lol so good for the OP two less ants.

18. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    Deport him LOL !!!

19. Transeau

Transeau

Sorry, I'm not Trump. I don't deport US Born citizens..

Christinebitg likes this.