• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

To our TOOWOOMBA CITY cousins

Golfer

With over( according to Ubers Sam Boul ) 5000 drivers lining up to drive in Cairns and Townsville starting the 16th March I am interested in how Uber driving is going in regional City's. Although on this this forum we only whinge usually about Bris. CBD . I would find it interesting to hear some regional whinging, and it might also help the 5000 drivers above, so if any one feels like a good regional whinge and you are reading this feel free to let rip. By the way the City golf course beautiful great course (except in the fog, lost six golf balls on the first four holes then the fog lifted about 11.00am)

Big Bada Boom

Hi, I have just signed up to the forum as I think there is some good nuts & bolts info here.
I am a new partner in Toowoomba and just coming into my third week of driving. First impressions are I am a little disappointed to say the least or maybe my expectations were a little too high lol. Thankfully uber driving is a 2nd job for me to earn a little extra cash, I don't know how anyone could survive doing this as a full time job here in Toowoomba. I only drive on the weekends and so far Saturday nights seam the busiest but there is no real consistency from what I have seen so far it's all either hot or cold. Is there anyone else here from Toowoomba?

Big Bada Boom

Nah Bro, did the avatar throw you off?
It would be funny if there was a Toowoomba in the U.S because its the Aboriginal name for "the swamp" haha

Ashleysickles

Hi! I've recently signed up in Townsville as a driver. Just waiting for our official launch next month and then I guess we'll see how it goes. I know a lot of people are keen to use the program as riders but as far as drivers go there were only about 300ish people who turned up to the info sessions, not the 5000000 that was suggested by Uber officials.

Lowestformofwit

At least in Toowoomba, you wouldn't get too many regular train station minimum fare jobs, I guess.
Is there enough late-night night life to yield any decent runs?
And what of pax to & from Saturday Clifford Park twilight races? Doesn't seem to be a lot of people regularly go there, either.
Any others, such as wedding & function guests, USQ students, etc.?
All genuine questions from someone who's spent quite a few weekends in Toowoomba, but in pre-Uber times.

Instyle

Hi! I've recently signed up in Townsville as a driver. Just waiting for our official launch next month and then I guess we'll see how it goes. I know a lot of people are keen to use the program as riders but as far as drivers go there were only about 300ish people who turned up to the info sessions, not the 5000000 that was suggested by Uber officials.
Take note of that inconsistency. Be very wary of outlandish earning potentials from Uber, my 2y/o is smarter with figures than these clowns

Big Bada Boom

At least in Toowoomba, you wouldn't get too many regular train station minimum fare jobs, I guess.
Is there enough late-night night life to yield any decent runs?
And what of pax to & from Saturday Clifford Park twilight races? Doesn't seem to be a lot of people regularly go there, either.
Any others, such as wedding & function guests, USQ students, etc.?
All genuine questions from someone who's spent quite a few weekends in Toowoomba, but in pre-Uber times.
Hey Mr Wit,
No we don't have any short train station jobs but still lots of small inner city ones. I haven't been doing this long enough to get any Clifford Park pax and Uni has only just started back so I guess time will tell. I do like living up here though it's a lot more laid back than Brisbane though more and more people are sick of the taxi-cab game and are embracing Uber, the biggest fare Ive had so far is from the city center out to Highfields but they don't come along to often. Saturday nights are the biggest nights up here but I would say it's nothing like Bris Vegas, most nights you can see at least 8 drivers logged on so competition is pretty stiff :/

Golfer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Boom thanks for participating, well even down here till March it always goes quiet as people sort the ol credit card out from Xmas exuberance (pardon the pun if you spot it). Todays Courier Mail double page spread, on your city page 22 / 23 Home On The Range, it says population 165,219 so I guess 300 drivers ? (but course that's probably changed) I don't know if proportionally the numbers suit each other. Uber certainly are not going to, for instance say one driver per 5000 population. One thing is for sure it's not a career choice, its an in between jobs / casual caper unless personal circumstances force anyone into Uber Slavery. I notice you didn't mention the Oakey base or Middle Ridge but I guess they all have cars. I think your input may be helpful for those who are thinking about it up north cheers