Inshur

To much knowledge for this driver

Just a police car responding to incident but what do I care I've done the knowledge

Actually the taxi driver has done nothing wrong.

If a blue light vehicle is unable to progress through a red light due to traffic they are supposed to leave their lights on but turn off their sirens once they realise they won't get through - they aren't supposed to pressure drivers through red lights as it's dangerous - and then make progress when it turns green again.

It's up to you as a driver to decide if it's safe to move through a red light, if it's not then don't move simple as.

If the police officer gets out and directs you through the red light that's different though, that's failure to obey the direction of a constable under Section 35 of the RTA.

uberak

Fair play to him had he went through that light he would have got a ticket, that camera there one of the most notorious cameras in London I see people getting flashed every time I go past I make sure I keep it to 30 and not try my luck with amber light.

Itsonlymoney

When a Emergency vehicle IE police ambulance fire , is behind you red traffic light becomes a give way when to safe to do so.

London's Finest

Was it you? Lmaooooo
Think it's been explained about as simply as possible yet you still don't get it.lol
When you get that ticket for going through a red light to help the emergency services, see what happens when you appeal to them. They wash their hands of you lad.
And you're driving the public around for a living......... "fit and proper" .... Sadiq might have a point.

Gilga

Think it's been explained about as simply as possible yet you still don't get it.lol
When you get that ticket for going through a red light to help the emergency services, see what happens when you appeal to them. They wash their hands of you lad.

You talking nonsense something similar happened with my brother and they cancelled the penalty.

Healthy4ever

Black cabbie!!! Many times I have been in this situation. Each time I have put hazard warning light on, moved and waved for the traffic to stop and let the emergency vehicle to go.

The BC driver is correct. Remember there is a camera there.
No, the black cabbie was wrong. Many times I have let emergency vehicles to pass at red traffic lights. I was expecting pct but got nothing.

D1991

I have gone through red 3 times flashed twice I got the ticket I wrote what happened ambulance behind they threw away the ticket in the end it's the police that make the decision if they should take you to court or not and they won't for you giving way to police ambulance , fire or doctor please get your facts right there are several videos where cabbies don't give way will upload

Turnleft

When a Emergency vehicle IE police ambulance fire , is behind you red traffic light becomes a give way when to safe to do so.
Wrong! No wonder you lot cause mayhem on road's. Read highway code, if you can understand it.

Well then you BC drivers must get a lot of tickets always skipping red lights .
You probably skipped the driving test lol

London's Finest

I have gone through red 3 times flashed twice I got the ticket I wrote what happened ambulance behind they threw away the ticket in the end it's the police that make the decision if they should take you to court or not and they won't for you giving way to police ambulance , fire or doctor please get your facts right there are several videos where cabbies don't give way will upload
Get your facts right, there's been plenty who have been prosecuted. It's illegal to go through a red light unless instructed to by a police officer. Fact

fighini

hahahahaha yeah devo too much knowledge. . . Heard lbc presenter praising them as one of best taxi drivers on the globe . I will say they are the disgrace of London drivers !!