To drive, or not to drive...that is the question

Jedi Driver

Hey folks, I received final notice from Guber that if I don't complete a ride before midnight, they are kicking me off the platform due to inactivity. I've been receiving "warning" emails for six weeks, and now I must decide. Can't make up my mind...do I drive tonight to keep the option open, or do I refrain from driving and let them deactivate me? To clarify, I want to know how easy it would be to sign on in the future if I don't drive tonight and let them deactivate...is it a pain in the a$$, or is it easy, breezy to get "rehired"? All comments are appreciated!

Digits

If you are willing to get deactivated for not giving a single ride,why would you even bother to get reactivated? And if you wanna be active with uber,why don't you just give a ride?is it that difficult for you? I would just get out and give the ride..

5 Star Guy

I got the notices and warning, I was in a bad accident and the car took forever to get fixed. I let them know, didn't send any proof and they said to let them know when I can get back. They made a note in my account and it wasn't a problem. If you don't feel like it I'd say there is something else going on. The last thing you want to do is get in an accident while something is on your mind.

Jedi Driver

I got the notices and warning, I was in a bad accident and the car took forever to get fixed. I let them know, didn't send any proof and they said to let them know when I can get back. They made a note in my account and it wasn't a problem. If you don't feel like it I'd say there is something else going on. The last thing you want to do is get in an accident while something is on your mind.
Thank you for the sound advice. After cleaning out the car and updating the app, I just didn't want to log on. I have been going through a tough time lately and decided I should not drive tonight after all. I even called my mom to gauge whether I was being lazy or had hesitancy for good reason. She said to wait until tomorrow and complete a couple of rides during the day. My wise mother also advised me to email Uber if I'm unable to access the app tomorrow and then go from there. You are exactly right 5 Star--with too much on my mind, I could get into an accident. Thank you for your thoughtful reply--much appreciated. Drive safely and may the force be with you.

Digits

Well if he ain't feeling it and logged into the forum to seek advice,then he should not risk it at all. I tend to lose it from time to time and prefer staying in and doing other important things than to force myself out.

UbeRoBo

I read somewhere in the Uber policy manual that if you don't give at least 1 ride per month your account gets deactivated. Just make sure you give 1 ride a month if you want to stay active.

5 Star Guy

This is exactly the problem with the independent contractor, if they set a minimum amount to work some people are twisting it to mean you are an employee.

I had a bad accident when I was drowsy, technically or legally it was my fault, however it would have been avoidable if I was driving the other car. Honk the horn, slow down, even go around would have prevented my accident. The other driver was one of those on the cell phone zombies who forget they are driving. No one was hurt. Definitely a good example of when not to go driving unless your head is clear and you're alert.

Casuale Haberdasher

This is exactly the problem with the independent contractor, if they set a minimum amount to work some people are twisting it to mean you are an employee.

I had a bad accident when I was drowsy, technically or legally it was my fault, however it would have been avoidable if I was driving the other car. Honk the horn, slow down, even go around would have prevented my accident. The other driver was one of those on the cell phone zombies who forget they are driving. No one was hurt. Definitely a good example of when not to go driving unless your head is clear and you're alert.

POST # 6&13/5 Star Guy: "Ahoy!" and
Welcome to UP.Net Forums
from 66°F and Hazy Sunset Marco Island
on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

I'd like to Thank You for the Consid-
erate and Mature Advice that you've
shown a Nebraskan Follower of Mine
Jedi Driver . To her Credit, she is
Intelligent and Intuitive . Unfortunately,
this can and HAS resulted in OVERthink-
ing her situation with respect to Contin-
uing working for the "6th Most Hated
Corp. in America." [2014]

When I return to BeanTowne next,
we'll have to Touch Base.

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

Hunt to Eat

Hey folks, I received final notice from Guber that if I don't complete a ride before midnight, they are kicking me off the platform due to inactivity. I've been receiving "warning" emails for six weeks, and now I must decide. Can't make up my mind...do I drive tonight to keep the option open, or do I refrain from driving and let them deactivate me? To clarify, I want to know how easy it would be to sign on in the future if I don't drive tonight and let them deactivate...is it a pain in the a$$, or is it easy, breezy to get "rehired"? All comments are appreciated!
I took a break this past summer and got deactivated. In the fall I just sent an E-mail and told them to activate my account. I was online within four hours. No biggie.

Uber 1

I took a break this past summer and got deactivated. In the fall I just sent an E-mail and told them to activate my account. I was online within four hours. No biggie.

Did your fees stay the same or did they start you back up but at the new commission rates?

Andy