1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

TNC Police is out tonight.

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by KGB7, Sep 11, 2015.

1. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They are out and giving tickets to taxis, Uber and lyft.

One got pulled over in Gtown by water front for not have a U sticker on the car.

2. THE MAN!

THE MAN! Well-Known Member

Interesting, thought that was only a requirement of VA? At least it was in the beginning?

3. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So this is only DC enforcement?

Kind of petty to pull um over just for no trade dress.

I would challenge them for placement though, can be on almost any windshield of the car

4. THE MAN!

Again, the trade dress came about as a requirement of VA when Uber and VA came to a temporary compromise before the permanent agreement back in January.

5. Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes but surely VA police are not pulling over people in DC. (he mentioned Georgetown)

Plus, how are they even doing this? They placing false calls for rides?

If you are pulled over by police neither you nor your pax are required to answer any questions by police to verify you are uber or doing livery. Burden of proof is on police, Never help them

6. THE MAN!

My exact point, why are DC TNC enforcing this? This was VA requirement. DC passed there regulation before VA and didn't require in there regulation. Personally I believe it puts people at risk. It's a lot easier for a criminal to get a hold of a trade dress sticker then paint/steal a cab and ride around looking for drunk woman late night. Which they already believe has happened more then once.

7. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's TNC police in DC, not regular police.

You know the circle at 3000 k St nw? They were there standing and catching drivers as the pulled in.

8. THE MAN!

Only time I've really ever seen DC TNC before is at night in G-Town. Just another reason Uber is becoming less appealing at these rates if this is going to become the norm!

9. Ubermanpt

Ubermanpt Well-Known Member

That's exactly where I saw them before too. They have a unmarked dark blue or black car. They get you when you pull in that circle. And you do need the trade dress in DC. Uber reccomends in be in the right rear window but the law says it can be anywhere as long as visible by 50 feet I think.

10. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup, same cars tonight. They were also checking taxis paper work as well.

11. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    They are called Harassmen-ER-uh-HACK Inspectors.

You must have the trade dress in the District of Columbia.

Unless that TNC vehicle is doing a street hail, I did not think that the Hack Inspectors could touch it.

If any TNC driver received a summons, perhaps he should contact his TNC.

There have been "arrangements" made by certain TNCs with a certain member of the D.C. City Council from a certain ward that is not East of the Anacostia to see to it that TNC vehicles are left alone.

People would do well to keep in mind that "arrangements" with D.C. Government Officials do not last long. In fact, in some cases, the D.C. Government Officials will forget that the "arrangements" were made, yet retain their benefits from these "arrangements".

D.C. politicians are notorious for their "What have you done for me, lately?" attitude, as well.

12. Red Dodge

Red Dodge Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm not seeing how A Va Requirement is being enforced in DC. What if you don't work Va?

13. THE MAN!

I thought the same as you. But apparently which started as a VA requirement, became a DC requirement?

14. Red Dodge

Red Dodge Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So the trade dress referee to. Is that the black and yellow Va Sticker or the Uber Symbol? I don't have any intention of branding my car as I only do this very part time. So I'll be only putting this stuff on when I'm working.

15. THE MAN!

Both are required in VA. And trade dress in DC.

16. Ubermanpt

No , the trade dress is the black uber "U" . You need that showing on DC , Maryland or Virginia . That's what they are looking for

17. Emp9

Emp9 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    yes but dc doesnt require a trade dress

18. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

The funny thing about this is that the D.C. Taxicab Commission is requiring it. While the City Council has told the DCTC not to regulate TNCs, for some reason, it has acquiesced to the requirement to show a trade dress. I suspect that this is to allow enforcement of the "no street hail" rules or laws. The "no street hails" is one of the few things on which TNCs and regulators seem to agree.

19. Ubermanpt

Trade dress is required

20. Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    probably need to add the state/city behind that
    doubt they are pulling anyone over in Maryland JUST for that