• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

TNC Ordinance [STATUS]

F-uber

ATX 22 What are the details about the Hail Mary compromise? I think we should keep today's drama consolidated in this thread. Just a suggestion, though.

ATX 22

It's already been mentioned. Compromise deal on fingerprinting. Doesn't go away, they have almost a year to get all drivers printed. Plus city will be offering free fingerprinting and background checks.

F-uber

I know the incentives were mentioned by Ziggy, but it wasn't clear whether the incentives were there to get the drivers printed more quickly under a timeline or it was not going to be required. The council has been totally bamboozled.

Thousands of free fingerprint/background checks for TNCs while presumably cabbies continue to pay out of pocket.

(KLBJ talk show hosts sound like drunk idiots talking about this issue.)

theuberme

does anybody else get asked, say about every third ride or so, by a pax about their opinion of what the city is doing? whenever i bring up $$ they act as if i just showed then the Zapruder film. i'm happy to educate every time i'm asked.

F-uber

does anybody else get asked, say about every third ride or so, by a pax about their opinion of what the city is doing? whenever i bring up $$ they act as if i just showed then the Zapruder film. i'm happy to educate every time i'm asked.
I can only imagine how fascinating that conversation must be.

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sheesh ... the City Council reading of the TNC ordinance ... almost sounds like Bill Clinton's testimony to Congress on - what the meaning of "Is" is.

I think the Horns will win the next year's BCS before CoA finishes reading this

F-uber

The council apparently got steamrolled on the background check. What are the insurance requirements?

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The council apparently got steamrolled on the background check. What are the insurance requirements?
1 - BG = Fingerprints required
2 - Insurance = will update you after I see the revised ordinance with all the amendments; probably will not be available until Monday ... considering CC & staff were in meetings until 2AM (still going on other matters).

F-uber

Seriously? Required? Not just incentives and disincentives.

I still think the insurance issue is more crucial to thinning the herd. I doubt many part timers will pay the commercial or hybrid insurance.

F-uber

Yep, I just signed up for GetMe, cause I think lyft and uber are going away for awhile or forever?
If they leave over a silly ass background check then that is testimony that they have the world's most idiotic business model. I know Uber is going to stay and Lyft might even reconsider their asinine policy.