TNC meeting Monday

Nerka

Convention Center. Believe it starts around 2. Was reading their material. minutes, etc... Actually very interesting. Looks like they are actually doing some stuff. Uber seems more cooperative than Lyft for some reason...

Mista T

Author
Lyft has requested a list of people who have applied for the council, under public records disclosure laws. I hear the city is masking names of applicants, except for those that have been accepted. Why would Lyft want to know who applied?

MedicMan

Convention Center. Believe it starts around 2. Was reading their material. minutes, etc... Actually very interesting. Looks like they are actually doing some stuff. Uber seems more cooperative than Lyft for some reason...
Give them time to get going. So far only a few meetings and most of that is trying to figure out who is what and what are they doing.

Nerka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know if I can make it. Either way, do you want to give us a report on the salient aspects of the meeting? As an FYI, right now one of my frustrations/concerns is the garbage Uber (Usually not lift) puts on our screens. This frustrates and increases risk. I think it might be useful to start having a conversation about improvements we would like to see for drivers in Portland (Before going before the committee). Just my two bits.

MedicMan

Don't know if I can make it. Either way, do you want to give us a report on the salient aspects of the meeting? As an FYI, right now one of my frustrations/concerns is the garbage Uber (Usually not lift) puts on our screens. This frustrates and increases risk. I think it might be useful to start having a conversation about improvements we would like to see for drivers in Portland (Before going before the committee). Just my two bits.
The minutes of the committee is on the web at PBOT. Since I am not aware of what garbage you are talking about I can't comment on that.

Nerka

The minutes of the committee is on the web at PBOT. Since I am not aware of what garbage you are talking about I can't comment on that.
"Garbage" Ah, what did I deserve to get that response? I simply responded with enthusiasm to the prospect of getting Uber to listen to drivers concern about the apps.

MedicMan

"Garbage" Ah, what did I deserve to get that response? I simply responded with enthusiasm to the prospect of getting Uber to listen to drivers concern about the apps.
You said "As an FYI, right now one of my frustrations/concerns is the garbage Uber (Usually not lift) puts on our screens." and I responded with "Since I am not aware of what garbage you are talking about I can't comment on that." referencing your garbage comment.

Nerka

You said "As an FYI, right now one of my frustrations/concerns is the garbage Uber (Usually not lift) puts on our screens." and I responded with "Since I am not aware of what garbage you are talking about I can't comment on that." referencing your garbage comment.
My apologies MedicMan! I did think that was out of character for you. You are typically a very straight up type of guy. I was using my phone, so It really didn't click. Of course quotation marks do help :smiles:

Let me quickly elaborate by what I meant by garbage. Keep in mind that Lyft is typically, but not always, the worst offender:

1) Uber has the black shortcut circles which I never use. I know of no way to get rid of them. I am constantly having to move them out of the way to do things. Admittedly I don't know if they have changed and provided a way to decline using it.
2) Phone calls on Uber require 3 steps and they take a long time. With Lyft you just press it once and it connects.
3) When I want to shut Uber down and there are 2/3 rides left it ask me if I want to shut it down. Of course and this requires another tap.
4) At the top of the page they have their horrible information window which always goes back to the amount of points which I don't give a crap about since I will drive based on what I need. So to see my daily total I have to swipe that damn window. For the consecutive rides it is the same thing. They constantly prioritize making Uber like a board game.
5) With Lyft whenever someone gives a tip a broad banner post at the top of the page appears for over 10 seconds, which prevents me from turning off Lyft which sucks if I have just accepted an Uber ride. I can (and have) been hit my Lyft for a ride- and they hold not accepting against you.

I might have missed something or maybe I am not aware how to minimize somethings, but these are some things that frustrate me and make things less safe in my opinion.

Thanks again! I presume you are active with the TNC committe hence your interest.