TNC Inspectors at night

stepdmbc

Does anyone know how late the TNC inspectors stay out on weekends? I wont be able to complete all the TNC requirements before the weekend.

Richard Cranium

Does anyone know how late the TNC inspectors stay out on weekends? I wont be able to complete all the TNC requirements before the weekend.
Just some advice, you have the rest of your life (Or Uber's) to drive, do not push it by driving in the COH until you get it. A few days is not worth the fine...it isn't small from what I hear.

Good luck either way.. (sincerely)

RC

LosYanquis

Trebor, have you ever seen them stop cars the ARA, where have your normally seen them? I thought they only going around giving tickets out to illegal parked cars on the weekend, do they ever call uber to check their papers?

Trebor

Trebor, have you ever seen them stop cars the ARA, where have your normally seen them? I thought they only going around giving tickets out to illegal parked cars on the weekend, do they ever call uber to check their papers?
I have seen them in Midtown and they love to hang out at the Hilton America.

There is the parking authority (which your referring to) that is always out. Both vehicles are very similar, but they are on different missions.

As you may already know, nunyabusiness claims they deactivated him and a thousand other drivers in the past week or so. Chances are (no matter the claims), the majority of these did not get the pink permit. This tells us that the city is breathing down Uber's neck. If you want to risk driving without a permit, I would wait a couple more weeks. This would not be the weekend to try it. Keep in mind, if you are caught, you may ruin it for the ones who already have the permit.

Trebor

I have seen them in Midtown and they love to hang out at the Hilton America.

There is the parking authority (which your referring to) that is always out. Both vehicles are very similar, but they are on different missions.

As you may already know, nunyabusiness claims they deactivated him and a thousand other drivers in the past week or so. Chances are (no matter the claims), the majority of these did not get the pink permit. This tells us that the city is breathing down Uber's neck. If you want to risk driving without a permit, I would wait a couple more weeks. This would not be the weekend to try it. Keep in mind, if you are caught, you may ruin it for the ones who already have the permit.

The way things have been (the market flooded with drivers) , you would be very lucky to get a good surge ride, that would make this risk worthwhile.

I did see an improvement last week on this surge, which could be due to these deactivation's. So it may just improve again this weekend, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

Trebor

When Mr. Duncan Burton allegedly raped a passenger, I heard on a local news station that the city "doubled their inspectors from 4 people to 8 people. " Not sure about the numbers, but it was around 8.

So with that in mind, you chances are still slim - 8 inspectors per 4,000+ drivers? But its not worth the risk at this point.

I do have my TNC permit, but I focus on the suburbs and do not force myself to come to the city until well after midnight. The rides are just not there. Too many drivers.

How do I know there are too many drivers? Because your pickup times will be less than 2-3 min. This is after you wait for 10-15 minutes for your next ride, so its not like your dropping off and picking up right away. "Back in the old days" it was 5 min wait times, with 5-8 min pickups. Sure it was a bit to travel, but that means there were no drivers between me and that person 8 min away. That is such a larger area you are "working".

Hopefully with school starting, there will be less drivers. There was a teacher on here who mentioned he was quitting when school is back in session. Sure he is just one guy, but he represents a whole group that does not log into this site. Thus, if you wait another week it may be better.

Back to Mr. Duncan Burton - All charges were dropped. (of course this does not erase the crackdown that immediately followed.)

One More Note - Any police officer can cite you for being in violation of the ordinance. It does not take ARA to find you. There are plenty of cops around, and they do get frustrated when Uber's are blocking the streets, illegally dropping off and picking up. Don't let one of these cops see you do not have a permit.

Old Rocker

I wonder how many of the 4,000 drivers are still active and haven't thrown in the towel?

I went to a training session this week and I'd say of the 40-50 people there, only a few looked like they could Uber over the long haul. One person wheezed every time they exhaled and another one took up ten minutes with questions about what to do if her pax had bad body odor.

Fuzzyelvis

I wonder how many of the 4,000 drivers are still active and haven't thrown in the towel?

I went to a training session this week and I'd say of the 40-50 people there, only a few looked like they could Uber over the long haul. One person wheezed every time they exhaled and another one took up ten minutes with questions about what to do if her pax had bad body odor.
What are these "training sessions" and why would you go to one?

Old Rocker

What are these "training sessions" and why would you go to one?
They are sessions generally held in hotel meeting rooms. I guess they send texts to newbs. They give a thirty minute demo on using the app and cover important information, then open for thirty minutes of lame questions about body odor, carrying pax with guns to the gun show, driving someone's grandma across town, etc.

That's why I ask some tough questions here as what some people say contradict what the Uber staff said. On one hand, I don't believe everything Uber says and on the other hand, it's really obvious there are a lot of disgruntled drivers (assuming they actually drive) hanging out here.

Fuzzyelvis

They are sessions generally held in hotel meeting rooms. I guess they send texts to newbs. They give a thirty minute demo on using the app and cover important information, then open for thirty minutes of lame questions about body odor, carrying pax with guns to the gun show, driving someone's grandma across town, etc.

That's why I ask some tough questions here as what some people say contradict what the Uber staff said. On one hand, I don't believe everything Uber says and on the other hand, it's really obvious there are a lot of disgruntled drivers (assuming they actually drive) hanging out here.
If the uber staff are anything like the email support they all give different answers and don't really know what's going on anyway.

What has been contradicted?

Old Rocker

If the uber staff are anything like the email support they all give different answers and don't really know what's going on anyway.

What has been contradicted?
Yeah, there were a few times the three of them would look at each other like they were trying to make sure they made a corporately responsible answer. For contradictions, they said that auto insurance companies wouldn't cancel a driver's policy because they had the Safe Ride policy in effect while the partner was driving a pax, and that there wasn't a certain rating where partners were deactivated and that it rarely happened anyway.

tripAces

I got an invite when I started driving. Said to go to Jackson St or somewhere. They rescheduled it do to an issue. But I never went.
Prior to that I saw a office staff person sitting at the Clinic. It was sickening to see her all set up like its her office and coddle a bunch of people coming in to do Physical/Drug Test. Never seen a bunch of people needing so much help to fill out paperwork.

Fuzzyelvis

Well I started in January and got nothing about training or anything else. Sounds like scraping the bottom of the barrel on drivers me and they have to be molly coddled.

Actually that's good and bad. Good because it's hard to make money now even if you know what you're doing.

Bad because they won't realise how little they're making and may have no other way to get any money anyway.

tripAces

Of course to me it showed very early how desperate they are for drivers and that 20%.
It obviously didn't discourage me. Just showed me how they care less who they get to drive. And why this crap of a rating system exist.