• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

TNC Coverage in Massachusetts? (With Mapfre)

TheRealMVP

Can anyone in Mass provide some info on what Uber covers in this state? If my understanding is correct, it sounds like they have to provide some coverage while on the way to pickup and when pax is in the car...

On another note, is there an Uber "office" in Worcester (closer to me than Lawrence or Boston or Braintree)

Thanks All
Much Appreciated!

Dan The Lyft Man

If you are a Veteran (or have family that is a Veteran like Mom or Dad) USAA offers gap rideshare insurance for just an extra $120 a year.

WorcPete

USAA is the only option I found that had no limits and was reasonably priced for GAP insurance for Mass drivers.

Danwheels3

Currently you can get TNC coverage from Safety, Plymouth Rock, Mapfre and Allstate. I have worked with the TNC insurance providers for about 3 years and I can say that the best pricing is with Plymouth Rock. If you need any more info let me know, I am happy to help.

And to answer the original question, the TNC endorsement only provides coverage for Phase 1 (app on, awaiting a fare). The Uber/Lyft policy provides the coverage for Phase 2/3 so there is no longer any gap.