TLC votes yes to 12-hour per day limit on driving

Inshur

ubershiza

TLC is corrupt! This is their way of doing something to control a taxi industry that has become a total shtz show.

alextheboss

TLC is corrupt! This is their way of doing something to control a taxi industry that has become a total shtz show.

They are corrupt, but Uber is controlling this industry much more than TLC, and what affects Uber directly affects us more imo... so anything thats bad for Uber is better for us... then again i'm a part-timer at best so i'm biased.

Lenny_yellow_cab

They are corrupt, but Uber is controlling this industry much more than TLC, and what affects Uber directly affects us more imo... so anything thats bad for Uber is better for us... then again i'm a part-timer at best so i'm biased.
I only work around 11 hrs a day Mon-Fri so the cap really doesn't affect me but I believe that it's good that they passed it. No driver should feel the need to work more than 12 hrs a day. I've seen to many Uber drivers with blood red eyes relying on Redbull and coffee to stay awake because they've been working for 15+ hrs straight.

My cousin used to work 18 hrs a day years ago in uellow until he fell asleep at the wheel and got t-boned because he ran a red light. Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt amazingly considering the damage to the cab.

Onstriker

You guys might think the 12hour per day limit won't affect you but have you actually read the details?! Here I copied this from a tlc email I got this morning regarding the new fatigue rule.

1. Any hour of the day or week that contains at least one pick-up of any passenger(s) for hire will be counted as one full hour toward the daily or weekly limit, regardless of the duration of the trip. If a Driver does not pick up any passenger(s) for hire during an hour (for example, because the Driver is taking a break), then such hour will not count toward the daily or weekly limit.

2. B The hours in which any pickups occur do not need to be consecutive in order to count toward the daily or weekly limit.

3. C Any violation of the daily limit cannot also serve as a basis for a violation of the weekly limit.

So as you read in the A column any pax you pick up will count as 1 hour automatically regardless how long the ride is. Ok that works for long rides so you won't be penalized on those long jersey or ct rides. But what about those short rides! They also count as one hour. So by doing say 3-4 pax an hour count as an hour each towards the limit?

Undermensch

You guys might think the 12hour per day limit won't affect you but have you actually read the details?! Here I copied this from a tlc email I got this morning regarding the new fatigue rule.

1. Any hour of the day or week that contains at least one pick-up of any passenger(s) for hire will be counted as one full hour toward the daily or weekly limit, regardless of the duration of the trip. If a Driver does not pick up any passenger(s) for hire during an hour (for example, because the Driver is taking a break), then such hour will not count toward the daily or weekly limit.

2. B The hours in which any pickups occur do not need to be consecutive in order to count toward the daily or weekly limit.

3. C Any violation of the daily limit cannot also serve as a basis for a violation of the weekly limit.

So as you read in the A column any pax you pick up will count as 1 hour automatically regardless how long the ride is. Ok that works for long rides so you won't be penalized on those long jersey or ct rides. But what about those short rides! They also count as one hour. So by doing say 3-4 pax an hour count as an hour each towards the limit?
No, it does not say that 3 pickups in 1 hour count as 3 hours. It says that if an hour has at least one pickup then that hour counts as an hour towards the limit. So if you pick someone up at 12:01 PM and 12:59 PM then you get counted for 1 hour, even if the 12:59 PM pickup takes you on a 4 hour ride...

Uberman8263

You are reading it wrong. Larry David is correct.

Inshur New York