TLC TICKET

Inshur

brklynog

first time getting a tlc ticket, i got it for stop sign downtown on wall and pearl st hearing is at the end of april and i just got a settlement offer in the mail for 300$ and 2 points max fine and points are 400$ and 3 points. i havent had a moving violation in 3 years was thinking of pleading not guilty and trying my luck since points is involved lawyer fees for tlc court is like 500$ so im gonna represent myself it was a super narrow street with a manhole right before the stop sign that a buttload of steam comes out of. i believe i stopped even tho he says i didnt come to a full stop and he had me on video (which i dont believe) so my question is anyone with tlc court expierence have any advice? should i just take the settlement and pay 300 and get 2 points? some people say its impossible to win in tlc court so not really sure
also after i got the ticket i sat for no more then 2 minutes and turned onto water street to see the same cop already had someone pulled over and the next block his buddy had someone pulled over like they were racing eachother at giving tickets....what a joke

Lenny_yellow_cab

first time getting a tlc ticket, i got it for stop sign downtown on wall and pearl st hearing is at the end of april and i just got a settlement offer in the mail for 300$ and 2 points max fine and points are 400$ and 3 points. i havent had a moving violation in 3 years was thinking of pleading not guilty and trying my luck since points is involved lawyer fees for tlc court is like 500$ so im gonna represent myself it was a super narrow street with a manhole right before the stop sign that a buttload of steam comes out of. i believe i stopped even tho he says i didnt come to a full stop and he had me on video (which i dont believe) so my question is anyone with tlc court expierence have any advice? should i just take the settlement and pay 300 and get 2 points? some people say its impossible to win in tlc court so not really sure
also after i got the ticket i sat for no more then 2 minutes and turned onto water street to see the same cop already had someone pulled over and the next block his buddy had someone pulled over like they were racing eachother at giving tickets....what a joke

Do u have footage of u stopping? If not then it’s gonna be extremely tough to beat.

Sari

Go back and take a picture and a video. Print it out and bring it to court with you. It must be printed out to be kept as evidence

Admitter

Go ahead fight it and learn it the hard way.
I once was reported back in the yellow days that i blocked the cross walk, i accepte settlement for $150 and 1 point on tlc.
Spoke to alot of guys at that time and everybody said take the settlement coz tlc court is corrupt.
One guy even said “ you were reported by a pedestrian and that person doesn’t even have to be at the hearing they can simply call him/her but who knows at the time of the hearing the person they calling is their own pig sitting in the next room giving testimony against you”
I just paid n moved on.

Inshur New York