TLC Summon

Inshur

Waqar

Help me figure out this,last year in Oct 2015 I got new car and got the sticker which expires in sep 2016,month ago I got pulled over and got this ticket for not having tri-annual inspection.
am I suppose to do inspection even sticker does not expire?

Attachments

Vic718

Your suppose to do 4 inspections a year i think. If i remember from the 24 classes they said One TLC inspection and the other 3 at your local gas station

JustDre

Your car is suppose to be inspected every 3 months. 4 times a year.....also I wouldn't post things like this online. Never know who's watching

HerbyHerb

Your suppose to do 4 inspections a year i think. If i remember from the 24 classes they said One TLC inspection and the other 3 at your local gas station
There was no mention of doing quarterly TLc inspection in the class I attended. Sorry you had to learn the hard way (as most of us do) but it's only $100. A random dude at the airport told me to do it or face $300 fine, otherwise I would have never known

Majoo

Anybody ever have to appear in court for the lack of tri-annual inspection? I also got one with a $100 fine that I sent in, but returned to me because they are requiring an appearance. Will they suspend my license? What's going to go down?

pongkong

I got my first TLC inspection four months ago, and now it's time for another inspection. I know I can get it done at any NYS inspection garage, but here's my question: my current inspection sticker looks specific to the TLC (it doesn't look like a normal NYS inspection sticker). Should the garage just peel it off an replace it with a normal NYS inspection sticker? And do I ask them to punch a re-inspection date for four months from now? In other words, my inspection expires on the last day of September. Do I ask them to punch the inspection sticker with an expiration of last day of January? My garage doesn't know anything about inspections specific to Uber cars. Thanks for your help.

Uber Driver 007

I got my first TLC inspection four months ago, and now it's time for another inspection. I know I can get it done at any NYS inspection garage, but here's my question: my current inspection sticker looks specific to the TLC (it doesn't look like a normal NYS inspection sticker). Should the garage just peel it off an replace it with a normal NYS inspection sticker? And do I ask them to punch a re-inspection date for four months from now? In other words, my inspection expires on the last day of September. Do I ask them to punch the inspection sticker with an expiration of last day of January? My garage doesn't know anything about inspections specific to Uber cars. Thanks for your help.
Any inspection sticker is fine. TLC or non-TLC. You just have to keep track and have it redone every 4 months. That's all.

cubert

You need to go to tlc office, pay there 100 and show them inspection receipt, no need to wait until court date, if you do not pay they'll suspend license

Inshur New York