TLC New Rule and Uber

Inshur

Everything

got e-mail from uber about TLC New rule and i disappointed on uber (i like this new rule)
i know some of people wants work more then 12hr per day ... but come on.... we have life and enjoy :smiles:
and e-mail sound like uber wants work as like slave, i thought they have enough drivers run new york city
what are you guys think ?

Attachments

Uberinian

Wow I can't believe this from Uber. They really do not care and just want you to drive drive drive. Scientific studies have shown that driving for that long leads to drowsiness. If you work 12 hours a day, you have problems. I can understand wanting to work 12 hours as a mailman or something. But 12 hours involving driving a 4000 pound vehicle? No thanks. It only keeps everyone else safe.

Rustyshackelford

Wow. Just wow. They straight up acknowledging that most drivers break the 72 hour rule and want you to protest this. F that. Less drivers on the road. They will have to raise their rates.

Arpn

At this point , I don't quite understand how it's gonna work. But the bottom line is ,why somebody from Tlc have to dictate how many hours to work? It's just typical nanny state approach Everyone is quite adult and know his or her body and know when is time to rest.The only advantage this occupation have is time and ability to make your own schedule What if I have sleeplessness and I feel great and ready to work,why stupid Tlc rule have to prevent me from doing this?Everyone have their own financial and family situation and deserves to decide how many hours to work.Some days I work 5-6 hours but some days when it's really busy I can work 13-14 .The question is how they going to monitor your hours.Virtually,everyone works on 2 or 3 platforms and even though one platform kikk you out you can still works on others like lyft,gett or Juno or just any black car company.

Zaki athar

If drivers work 24/7, uber don't care because they are getting commission. But when they have to pay to employes then it is 10 am to 5am.
Why don't uber open their offices for 14 or 15 hours for drivers. Why not uber open their office at night for night drivers ?
Uber cares just about money not drivers.
Drivers are not human for uber.

Brooklyn

If drivers work 24/7, uber don't care because they are getting commission. But when they have to pay to employes then it is 10 am to 5am.
Why don't uber open their offices for 14 or 15 hours for drivers. Why not uber open their office at night for night drivers ?
Uber cares just about money not drivers.
Drivers are not human for uber.
You hit the nail right on the head. They're all about helping the people unless that means they're in a situation to take a loss to satisfy the drivers they're trying to put on the road. I understand some drivers get screwed with it and all.. But they gotta realize there's tons of drivers who truly abuse it. I remember when I used to work I met tons of drivers doing 24 hour shifts. That's not healthy or safe at all.... At all. And you know how the saying goes... A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

GigEconomy

But the bottom line is ,why somebody from Tlc have to dictate how many hours to work? It's just typical nanny state approach Everyone is quite adult and know his or her body and know when is time to rest.The only advantage this occupation have is time and ability to make your own schedule What if I have sleeplessness and I feel great and ready to work,why stupid Tlc rule have to prevent me from doing this?Everyone have their own financial and family situation and deserves to decide how many hours to work.Some days I work 5-6 hours but some days when it's really busy I can work 13-14 .Virtually,everyone works on 2 or 3 platforms and even though one platform kikk you out you can still works on others like lyft,gett or Juno or just any black car company.
I'm not a fan of the TLC...i think it's a racket that serves some use, but largely extracts money from drivers for city coffers. But rules exist for a reason. A lot of NYC yellow cabbies are insane...it often seems like a job requirement. God bless their hearts, but a lot of third and 2nd worlders who come from places with nearly non-existent traffic laws, come to the best city in the world and drive through it like maniacs, with total disregard for life, limb, and property.

Just because you want to drive recklessly, for 20 hours per day to put your kids through school, doesn't mean that the city should allow it....this is less about the origin of the driver, and more about safety in general. Truck drivers, airline pilots and others are often forced to work inhumane hours, and studies prove that fatigue causes errors (and death when operating a multi-ton vehicle).

Zaki athar

No one is opposing this rule except a american multi billion company "uber".
This company want drivers work like donkeys and keep filling uber's bank accounts.
uber want drivers to work 24/7, but it's office open just 7 hours a day because this company hates to pay it's employes.
Emails are replied from overseas.
Uber doesn't have any live support for drivers. But drivers should work 24/7 according to uber.

Ryan Price

70% of our members voted for the Guild to oppose it, and we'll start distributing a petition on Tuesday. Our argument is this, basically: if the TLC wants to reduce fatigued driving, ensure workers are paid a livable wage, don’t just stop them from paying rent.

Vanstaal

70% of our members voted for the Guild to oppose it, and we'll start distributing a petition on Tuesday. Our argument is this, basically: if the TLC wants to reduce fatigued driving, ensure workers are paid a livable wage, don’t just stop them from paying rent.
Uber should bring the old rates back instead of constantly dropping them at the driver's expense. If I can't make ends meet in a 12 hour shift than Uber is the one to be blamed for and not the TLC.

Rustyshackelford

Uber should bring the old rates back instead of constantly dropping them at the driver's expense. If I can't make ends meet in a 12 hour shift than Uber is the one to be blamed for and not the TLC.
The only thing drivers should be organizing to do is get all the apps banned and have the fhv world go back to normal. They will not change the end result they want is to get rid of drivers all together. Why support their pockets while they fufill their goal. There has to be several reasons uber is breaking the law and should be banned. Let's lobby that.

Vanstaal

The only thing drivers should be organizing to do is get all the apps banned and have the fhv world go back to normal. They will not change the end result they want is to get rid of drivers all together. Why support their pockets while they fufill their goal. There has to be several reasons uber is breaking the law and should be banned. Let's lobby that.
Half of them have a low IQ and it's like talking to a wall!

Rustyshackelford

Half of them have a low IQ and it's like talking to a wall!
Don't need all of them. Just some. Start lobbying your local congressmen. Write letters etc. it really can be done. They are finally being portrayed as the snakes they are in the media. Before they were a shown as a gift to the working man.

Hackenstein

That's pretty funny. Uber drivers spend all day stealing from yellow cab drivers.

Last edited:

Lenny_yellow_cab

I met an Uber driver at the JFK lot... Dude was a nice guy but eyes were blood red. Sleep is extremely important, my cousin fell asleep at the wheel and got T-boned....he's lucky to be alive but he was doing 24 hr shift and that contributed.

But then again with Uber rates a driver has to work 20 hrs a day to make a decent living.

Manhmptn

I personally know couple of SUV guys who works more than 90 hours per week. One of them hit the light pole and spent $12K to fix his vehicle, the other one hit another SUV and paid both vehicles damages, all due to lack of sleep and driver fatigue.

Before the 1st quarter of 2014 no Uber driver needed to work longer than 12 hours and no more than 50 hours per week, because the rates was reasonably decent to make a living without killing yourself.

Now, I actually support this 12 hours proposal. So, those gipsy (unlicensed/non-permit) homeless Uber drivers stealing our jobs here can no longer sleep in their vehicles and no longer able to work 24/4 here, hopefully.

Admitter

put the @@@@ing ban on the @@@@ing donkeys working 100 hours a week.
If you cant make it in 100 hours you greedy mofos can never make it.

Inshur New York