1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

TLC Medical Exam

Discussion in 'New York City' started by LadyJ8A, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hey
    Im working on getting my TLC license to drive with uber and other fhv jobs if possible.
    So
    Can some of you tell me exactly what is the medical exam like? What are they looking for? what do they ask? How long is it? Give me all details.

reg barclay likes this.
  2. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Best to post this in the NYC group as they all have experience with the TLC medical exam. Most on this thread aren't tlc and wouldn't know.

reg barclay and MHR like this.
  3. delaynomore

delaynomore

Driving:
    UberXL
    urine sample to test if there is illegal substance in your body.

4. Mikemike88

Mikemike88

Are you taking anything?

Nothing to be worried about if not

5. FuberNYC

FuberNYC

It's an introduction to training us male driver to urinate on a bottle.
    It should be free for you since you are getting your new FHV license, you don't even need an appointment, just go to the one on Falchi building main floor (where Uber is), should be fairly quick.

6. Prince*_*Charmin

Prince*_*Charmin

Driving:
    UberX
    Unless your terminally ill then the medical exam should be the least of your worries in this Jungle

Ubured, lyas and NYCguy2020 like this.
  7. Super Basic medical exam.

They Check your pulse , blood pressure test , read a couple big letters for sight , and they check your hearing by saying "can you hear me" really low.

NYCguy2020 likes this.
  8. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    And people want NYC TLC regulation. Only medical exam I'll take is for my Flight Medical. Wish I didnt have to spend the money on a Class 1 this year, but the flight school required it. Technically good for 18 months for commercial piloting short of Airliners.

9. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    I think a Class 1 is good for six months, but can be used for Class 2 privileges for 12 months and Class 3 privileges for either 24 or 60 months, depending on whether you are older than 40 or not.

10. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I am not over 40.

11. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Moved to NYC forum and merged.

12. NORMY

NORMY

If you take Tylenol before you will pass

13. uberxnyc1

uberxnyc1

Drug tests look for drug metabolites or markers. Some compounds can lead to false readings. So you have to disclose any drugs that you are taking, especially if you are on a prescription drug, bring the prescription with you.