Tlc licensing?

Inshur

doubletrouble

Hi guys,
I live in NYC AND would like to be able to drive both uber and yellow/green cabs. So I was filling up the dmv form to apply for a new TLC license and there are two options "medallion/for-hire vehicle driver" and the other option is "for-hire driver". Which option will allow me to drive both? I want to have both options open. thanks. :smiles:

censoredbytheFCC

Hi guys,
I live in NYC AND would like to be able to drive both uber and yellow/green cabs. So I was filling up the dmv form to apply for a new TLC license and there are two options "medallion/for-hire vehicle driver" and the other option is "for-hire driver". Which option will allow me to drive both? I want to have both options open. thanks. :smiles:
Did you know all of this is available on TLC Website? Shocker.

Anyways, TLC automatically gives you a hybrid license that allows you to drive yellow, green and FHV if you get the medallion license. Medallion license is a shorter test and you can pretty much zone out because most of the rules for yellow cabbies do not apply AT ALL to FHV drivers(one of the reasons why yellow cabbies hate Uber with a passion) FHV class is a waste of money, get more value with a Medallion

Inshur New York