TLC inspection

Inshur

alextheboss

Any tips for the Tlc vehicle inspection... since I've noticed from my dealings so far with Tlc they have a particular way of doing things that at times can be a little confusing ... aside from having the car in top shape safety wise etc

alextheboss

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
DD ok or do they have to be gourmet? I really need to start hustling for uber... They need me for their pool :-)

marcusguber

Any tips for the Tlc vehicle inspection... since I've noticed from my dealings so far with Tlc they have a particular way of doing things that at times can be a little confusing ... aside from having the car in top shape safety wise etc
As obvious as this is be on time, Ive heard they cancel for being late even a couple of minutes.

Admitter

Went for me inspection and the guy who gave me the car back said all set when i asked i passed ?
Guess what when i drove off i saw this violation saying i have illegal decals :mad: n need to clear it in 15 days.
I had that family sticker on the back of my car so i just took it off went back right away got the violation cleared up.
Dont trust those guys.

alextheboss

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went for me inspection and the guy who gave me the car back said all set when i asked i passed ?
Guess what when i drove off i saw this violation saying i have illegal decals :mad: n need to clear it in 15 days.
I had that family sticker on the back of my car so i just took it off went back right away got the violation cleared up.
Dont trust those guys.
Well passed, but also go a violation for not having the "green NYC" sticker on my car since it is a hybrid. Whateves... I'll just put the stupid stickers on

usfootman

Is there is requirement about milleage? If my car has 170-180 kmiles will it be disqualified if its 2013-2016 year?

Lenny_yellow_cab

Is there is requirement about milleage? If my car has 170-180 kmiles will it be disqualified if its 2013-2016 year?
U cab have a car 2006 and up unless it's for Uber black whoch needs to be 2011 and up.

Mileage is not a problem as long it passes TLC inspection.

At the TLC inspection they look at every single light bulb, even license plate bulbs to be good.

No type of lights on dash can be on (i.e check engine)

They check most underbody bushings, motor mounts and any leaks.

Hope that helps

usfootman

U cab have a car 2006 and up unless it's for Uber black whoch needs to be 2011 and up.

At the TLC inspection they look at every single light bulb, even license plate bulbs to be good.

Hope that helps
Thank you. i forgot to mention that im asking about TLC inspection but you gave all information i needed.

Uberman8263

Hope that helps
They also have shake your car, do you know what they are looking for?

Inshur New York