• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tlc inspection passing question

Inshur

cumonohito

I'm not from NYC, however, I've seen worse vehicles pass inspection. They mostly look for the lights to work, seat belts work, seats move and doors open. Cosmetics not much, as long as it doesn't affect the performance of the car. You can fix the grill your self if you are concerned, just get a replacement from a local junkyard, the bumper you can try to buff it up a bit, maybe retouch it with paint. The key is that there is nothing dangling or making noise/smoke. Good luck

Seamus

Hello. I have an appointment with TLC inspection next week. The car is good just the front bumper and grill have cracks. Will i pass?

Also the hood tip is slightly bent.
You should post this in the NYC forum. They are all TLC drivers and can tell you from experience.

Uber's Guber

Looks okay to me. No safety issue regarding the bumper if it’s not damaged, it’s only the bumper “cover” that took on some cosmetic damage, nothing that causes a safety issue.

aluber1968

Most probably you should be fine in regards to that damage. I was there a few weeks ago and they failed a guy for fender damage. The damage wasn't very bad.
Just go for the inspection and see what happens . If you fail then repair the damage. They give you 4 attempts to pass .
Make sure all of your lights work even the ones over the rear license plate.

TDR

Hello. I have an appointment with TLC inspection next week. The car is good just the front bumper and grill have cracks. Will i pass?

Also the hood tip is slightly bent.
Go there. They let your know :-)

VLK_

Still waiting 4 dmv inspection almost 2 months anyway I own my 08 prius green taxi am gonna stay green , only weekend do share rides oh if I got I good job from my union

Stingmason

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you everyone. I successfully passed the inspection. It was quicker than i thought. they checked functionality only.