• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

TLC Commish Stepping Down

Inshur

Gulfstream Echo Niner

Meera Joshi, CEO and chairwoman of the Taxi and Limousine Commission, plans to step down from her role in March, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Saturday. A source told Crain's Friday that Joshi had told her senior staff Tuesday of her plans to depart.

Word leaking out might have precipitated the unusual Saturday announcement, just a day after news that Department of Buildings Commissioner Rick Chandler will retire Feb. 1.

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/politics/taxi-and-limousine-commission-head-step-down?utm_source=breaking-news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190105&utm_content=hero-readmore

Price_action

She will go on to greener pastures, plenty of pastures would be open for her. TLC is not our friend, that part is imbedded pretty firmly in my brains. And I don’t care who ever steps in cos they won’t be working for the benefit of common driver Be it yellow or FHV.

HerbyHerb

She will go on to greener pastures, plenty of pastures would be open for her. TLC is not our friend, that part is imbedded pretty firmly in my brains. And I don’t care who ever steps in cos they won’t be working for the benefit of common driver Be it yellow or FHV.
You mean greener Uber pastures! Give it 6 months or so until they work out her compensation. She will get on the Uber advisory board because of all her connections. Unfortunately that's how the system works and it keeps everyday common people down. Most who step out from high government positions are hired as consultants and lobby for corporations.

UberFooledYou1

LoL UberFooledYou1
U preceive the mayor is running the city?
Where u from? Wichita
No the TLC commissioner is, LMAO.
The city and state council "which is part of the mayor's and governors office" passes the laws which are enforced by the Taxi and limousine commission. The taxi and limousine commission does not pass any rules and regulations, it's only there to enforce them. When everyone was crying about reducing TLC cars on the road, it was not up to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, it was up to the state. The state controls all the finances.

Last edited:

ECOMCON

The city and state council "which is part of the mayor's and governors office" passes the laws which are enforced by the Taxi and limousine commission. The taxi and limousine commission does not pass any rules and regulations, it's only there to enforce them. When everyone was crying about reducing TLC cars on the road, it was not up to the Taxi and Limousine Commission, it was up to the state. The state controls all the finances.
Nope.

R I C H
FOLK
who make campaign contributions

Last edited:

Price_action

You mean greener Uber pastures! Give it 6 months or so until they work out her compensation. She will get on the Uber advisory board because of all her connections. Unfortunately that's how the system works and it keeps everyday common people down. Most who step out from high government positions are hired as consultants and lobby for corporations.
Exactly they milk for all it’s worth govt resources and then move on to the private firms for a seat on the board.

HerbyHerb

However you look at it @Uberfoolyou1, when the commissioner comes on record saying "TLC should consider getting dissolved when looking into the future..", you know she's not looking at the interests of the taxi industry but Uber's interests! That should have been a hint when she gave a speech a couple of months back at one of those Q & A meetings. She didn't do anything over the years but stood idel and oversaw the saturation of Uber drivers. If she isn't to blame as head of the commission, then who? She didn't actively fight for the interest of the taxi industry but took the wait & see helpless approach when she oversaw the industry get flooded from 30k drivers to over 100K++ cabbies on every corner. I do blame her for the mess but it's hard make a case when money is talking. Ubers influence was through out the system even as they were successful in eliminating the rules on newer model cars so more people can join. Uber is making money, the city is getting taxes, TLC has made mad money, even traffic lawyers are making money expect drivers. She definitely could have done a lot more.

Last edited:

Yellow driver

Sad. She fought for all drivers. She’s fighting this congestion fee she fought for your minimum wage and said it’s still too low when it arrives. She knows once that congestion fee comes there’ll be an insane amount of suicides. My neighbor of 30 years just hung himself leaving 3 children and a wife behind. She doesn’t want that on her hands anymore.

We should start some petitions blocking congestion fees, and a separate petition to block all pool/line and other shit cause I’m 10 years from now our MTA is gonna be @@@@ed.

Hackenstein

Sad. She fought for all drivers. She’s fighting this congestion fee she fought for your minimum wage and said it’s still too low when it arrives. She knows once that congestion fee comes there’ll be an insane amount of suicides. My neighbor of 30 years just hung himself leaving 3 children and a wife behind. She doesn’t want that on her hands anymore.

We should start some petitions blocking congestion fees, and a separate petition to block all pool/line and other shit cause I’m 10 years from now our MTA is gonna be @@@@ed.
Seems like Cuomo pushed her out. I love how they pretend yellow cabs can merely avoid the central business district and make a living. 'Congestion' that's hilarious. There are only 11,000 yellows on the road at this point. There will obviously be many more suicides if it goes into effect, but they passed upstate it after the suicides had already happened, so they clearly do not care.

No_Nonsense

Seems like Cuomo pushed her out. I love how they pretend yellow cabs can merely avoid the central business district and make a living. 'Congestion' that's hilarious. There are only 11,000 yellows on the road at this point. There will obviously be many more suicides if it goes into effect, but they passed upstate it after the suicides had already happened, so they clearly do not care.
This!

She openly stated that Cuomo's surcharge will be devastating for taxi industry.

At some point you guys will regret she's resigned.
There is a reason people "resigning" (asked to leave) during this Cuomo /DiBlasio mayhem.
Watch for a new clown..

Frankyfiggs

Absolutely right.

Btw when's the minimum rate go into effect?