• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tired of passengers late for airport

Old Town Uber

I ask them which airline and flight number. I have a special app and I can have the plane held for them.

They say really??

I say no, I was just @@@@ing with you. You're going to miss your flight. But at least we got a chuckle out of it.

Not like I was going to get a tip if I made it on time. What's the worse that will happen, I'll get one star. BFD!!

Danielson_

I ask them which airline and flight number. I have a special app and I can have the plane held for them.

They say really??

I say no, I was just @@@@ing with you. You're going to miss your flight. But at least we got a chuckle out of it.

Not like I was going to get a tip if I made it on time. What's the worse that will happen, I'll get one star. BFD!!
LOL

RogerJS

I've had two Pax trips last week Same shit,, I'm late !! Hurry!! Both used the POOL , I told them both I needed to pick up the other Pax or I'd be trouble with Uber !! Told them I'd make an exception but I was going to be trouble,,, got a tip from both ... Fools.. I never pick up the second pax

UberSneak

I mean I can understand them saying they're late, that's fine for me, I don't care if they say that. But do they actually ask you to speed and try to get them there faster? I've only had someone try to get me to go faster once; I pointed at the traffic everywhere and asked her how exactly she wanted me to go faster, she didn't reply, lol.

CaptainJackLA

i stopped asking what time their flight is. just which airline. if they are late, their freaking problem. not mine. i am not getting a ticket, that will make them more late too.

hey, if they keep giving you shit and you are on a pool, by all means pick up the 2nd pax. tell them uber says i have to once they have opted into pool. unless then want me to End Trip, and then they request an X car [me] and hopefully you are still in a good surge area.

Ot1

@@@@ all of these @@@@ers, they can get the @@@@er from the uber video "I can't feel my face" shit, maybe he will get them faster to the airport

LA#1x3

2 mornings in a row, i have pax telling me at pickup that they are late for airport and want me to teleport them or something. Next one who says this is getting cancelled right in his face.
Omg I glad u brought this up happens to me to I figured out why. Most of the time when its LAX trips like early in the morning it surges a lot and guess what our cheap ass pax rather be late then pay 50cents extra so they sit there and wait till surge is over. It's there fault they r late and they want us to drive fast so there cheap ass make the flight. If ur so cheap to pay 1.50$ then u shouldn't be flying at all save ur money .

troubleinrivercity

They say really??

Yeah I've worked miracles for late-for-flight passengers several times. I'm going to take a leap and say they're less likely to tip than average. As if by magic. Uberpax strikes again! Seriously these people hate us.

Bdott

I've had two Pax trips last week Same shit,, I'm late !! Hurry!! Both used the POOL , I told them both I needed to pick up the other Pax or I'd be trouble with Uber !! Told them I'd make an exception but I was going to be trouble,,, got a tip from both ... Fools.. I never pick up the second pax
Thats a good one !!!!!!

mizzrock

Omg I glad u brought this up happens to me to I figured out why. Most of the time when its LAX trips like early in the morning it surges a lot and guess what our cheap ass pax rather be late then pay 50cents extra so they sit there and wait till surge is over. It's there fault they r late and they want us to drive fast so there cheap ass make the flight. If ur so cheap to pay 1.50$ then u shouldn't be flying at all save ur money .
That waiting crap is what brings me to the brink some days when bills are due the following week. :mad:

Shakey Jake

I use to drive like a maniac to get them to the airport on time only to be stiffed on a tip when I get then there early.

Now I have no motivation to hurry since I will get paid the same amount either way.