Tire Air Pressure

LA_Native

How often, if ever, do you check it?

Tire pressure light came on this morning, so I went out and got a tire pressure gauge. All my tires were somewhat under pressure; one was 7psi under the recommend. Now I have to find a gas station here (Venice/MDR) that actually has an air pump.

LA_Native

Nice.
The gas station on lincoln and venice has free air.
The Chevron? Thanks.
I was going to go the 76 on Maxella & Lincoln; they're expensive af!
There is the Untied Oil closer to me, but can be hard to maneuver when it's busy, which it usually is.

I've had others crap out on me after a few mo the. This one has been kicking for over two years now. Has gotten me out of many a jam. Thank me later.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZBWKAU/?tag=ubne0c-20
That's pretty damn cool (inexpensive).
I might get that.

Travis -k

It is sad we live in a society that we pay for air.
Its free when you buy gas, just ask them to turn it on.

By law in the state of california gas stations must provide free air and water for your vehicle.

Btw your tire pressure should be set to the pressures writen on the tag on the drivers side door or jamb, NOT what the tire says which is a MAX pressure,

Doesnt matter what tires, manufactures and car makers have a standard that is followed to keep tire pressures at the correct psi for.that vehicle.

Last edited:

onionhead

All the air machines near me now have credit card payment and can’t be turned on by the attendant.

LA_Native

Tr4vis Ka1anick

I have a small compressor and dial pressure guage.
I check my tires at least once a month.
When it starts getting colder I will over inflate the tires a few PSI's more than what the manufacturer recommends. When air gets colder it compresses, so as the weather gets colder I will be at or just above the recommended PSI.

When the weather gets warmer I check my tires and deflate them as needed. When air gets warmer it expands.

Properly inflated tires increase gas mileage and tire life.

Finally, some people argue over inflating the tires a few PSI higher than recommended is good for gas mileage.

Pennywise

A lot of the gas stations here in LA or OC offer free air, if you purchase gas. Let the store clerk know you need air and they will turn on the air machine for you.

As for checking air, I check them with a tire air pressure gauge periodically and inspect all my tires just in case, if I see anything abnormal or any obstruction.

Duckling

A lot of the gas stations here in LA or OC offer free air, if you purchase gas. Let the store clerk know you need air and they will turn on the air machine for you.

As for checking air, I check them with a tire air pressure gauge periodically and inspect all my tires just in case, if I see anything abnormal or any obstruction.
Not necessarily need to purchase air. Just tell them you want to use air machine.
They will turn on for free. Unless clerks are cheap aholes

Last edited:

Maga&dan

Most of the cars equipped with tire pressure sensors. Some models let you see actual pressure on vehicle monitor.