Tips

SHalester

huh, like 2/3 of the time. Is Uber stealing my tips? I need a lawyer! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum. I think after reading a bit you will find most RS drivers (not food) are not tipped every single ride. If they were, that would be the unicorn. heck, 1/3 of my rides don't even bother to rate. Sad, really.....

Sparkaratzi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can almost guarantee that all these people that use Uber; bartenders, hair stylists, waiters etc. rake in the tips. Can you hear them now if they weren't? Wishful thinking on my part that riders would treat us the same way, with or without Ubers blessing. Hope I get a chance to stiff them back someday.

The Gift of Fish

Is anybody else not getting tipped even though the ride was fine? This is happening to often. I suspect Uber is robbing tips.
Over the 6 years I have done rideshare, my tips have averaged around 2% of revenue (for every $100 in fares, I get around $2 in tips). It's normal to go for days without getting any tips.

Sparkaratzi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
NOBODY has been tipping. It used to be a couple here and there, now I'm not getting Squat. Feels like something is up, just does not make sense.
[/QUOT
Post automatically merged:

Now I understand. Thanks for the replies.

Benjamin M

Over the 6 years I have done rideshare, my tips have averaged around 2% of revenue (for every $100 in fares, I get around $2 in tips). It's normal to go for days without getting any tips.
That wasn't my experience until I returned to pax this week. It's unbelievable.

The Gift of Fish

That wasn't my experience until I returned to pax this week. It's unbelievable.
Maybe it's dependent on market. My rating on Lyft is 5.0 and on Uber it's 4.94, which admittedly I am not proud of; they are evidence that I am giving pax way better service than they deserve. But they also show that pax are satisfied with the service I provide, so the lack of tips probably isn't because I suck as a driver.

Who knows what it's down to.

FLKeys

At the beginning of the year my tips were right in line with what they were previous years. After the Virus crap started it has been a roller coaster, sometimes no tips for long strings of rides, sometimes long strings of tips. Over all this year I am down in percentage of rides that tip. 6 of my last 10 rides tipped. So far this week tipping has been good. Last week it sucked.

Realistically I don’t think Uber is stealing tips. Since they are a publicly traded company they are subject to audits. You really think they would risk stealing tips and being discovered in an audit?

Benjamin M

Maybe it's dependent on market. My rating on Lyft is 5.0 and on Uber it's 4.94, which admittedly I am not proud of; they are evidence that I am giving pax way better service than they deserve. But they also show that pax are satisfied with the service I provide, so the lack of tips probably isn't because I suck as a driver.

Who knows what it's down to.
Everyone is 5* on Lyft, my friend. Because it defaults to that and people are lazy. Everyone is also from the "greatest city on earth!" 🤣

I am at 4.90 on Uber, same as March - picking up pax in the hood, college kids, back seat drivers who hate the expressway for whatever reason, or entitled rich folks.

But before this? I was tipped, at least a buck or two, by most.

Five Stars

I started driving on weekends again around the 4th of July and tips were pretty darn good for over a month, roughly 50%. But as you can see, since then really has fallen off. The report below includes cash tips also. It has been very noticable that the last few weeks App tips have decreased significantly. I've been thinking it was odd as well recently.

1600445620443.png

Attachments

May H.

I started driving on weekends again around the 4th of July and tips were pretty darn good for over a month, roughly 50%. But as you can see, since then really has fallen off. The report below includes cash tips also. It has been very noticable that the last few weeks App tips have decreased significantly. I've been thinking it was odd as well recently.

View attachment 508625
Don’t you all know there’s a so-called glitch. Uber claims it’s been happening for over a week now and they say they’ve fixed it 🙄 Pax can tip from now on but not retroactively.

The Gift of Fish

Don’t you all know there’s a so-called glitch.
Silly question. If these drivers knew that there was some kind of technical problem then they would not be asking why tips seemed fewer.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone is 5* on Lyft, my friend. Because it defaults to that and people are lazy. Everyone is also from the "greatest city on earth!" 🤣

I am at 4.90 on Uber, same as March - picking up pax in the hood, college kids, back seat drivers who hate the expressway for whatever reason, or entitled rich folks.

But before this? I was tipped, at least a buck or two, by most.
My score on Uber used to hover around 4.82 but then my stereo broke and it rose to 4.94. This can only mean that pax generally have poor taste in music and did not like my tunes. Tips were not affected and did not increase, though.

I have noticed that early airport runs have the best chance of yielding a tip. Also, rides on which the pax feels that we "connected" and had a good conversation.

Last edited: