Tips

tryingforthat5star

So I started out in Philly doing Uber in 2016 then moved to Pittsburgh but just had to move back and man what the hell is up with the tipping down here? It's like legit no existent after 40-50 rides I seen like 2-3 tips compared to Pittsburgh which was easily 10-12 per 40-50 rides even if it was $1. I don't know if it's because money is tight around here do to cost of living plus we didn't have Pool out there but I feel for drivers now that I'm back those little $1-2 here there and some cash tips add icing to the cake plus those tips can show up weeks later when the PAX goes to use the app and has to rate you.

Wex

I think it's a little bit of luck and also that time of the year. Tax return time everyone will be stupid rich 🤣
@Meech215 you also drive more than I do so your tips will probably always be higher than mine.

I would be happy if on average everyone tipped $1. I've had very few weeks where my tips exceed my ride count.

Matt101980

im at $109 in tips this week, 75% from airports trips, they tip 90% of the time
Even airport trips the percentage and been way down for me the last 3 months or so. I basically don’t expect a tip at any time anymore no matter the ride and let the service reflect that. I do everything I can for a safe and smooth ride but I’m not going out of my way for anything extra.

Meech215

I think it's a little bit of luck and also that time of the year. Tax return time everyone will be stupid rich 🤣
*rubs* hands like birdman 😆
Post automatically merged:

Even airport trips the percentage and been way down for me the last 3 months or so. I basically don’t expect a tip at any time anymore no matter the ride and let the service reflect that. I do everything I can for a safe and smooth ride but I’m not going out of my way for anything extra.
i just simply help load and unload luggage and keep my van clean inside and out, pretty much it bro nothing extra

mch

Does anyone take rides as a pax? I don't but I'm wondering if they messed with the pax app and the tip feature's in a different spot than it used to be.

D4christ1

Does anyone take rides as a pax? I don't but I'm wondering if they messed with the pax app and the tip feature's in a different spot than it used to be.
Well, I have to go to my trip history to tip and rate the driver. During the ride they ask how the trip is going and to rate/tip. So if you don’t have the app open, you’ll def forget.

Reactions: mch

Bus Bozo

I believe the vast majority of pax are well aware of how to tip and rate. Personally I tip and rate near the end of my ride.

Jackryanyes

Worst is when person says they are or were a driver or related to a driver and then ZERO! When passengers ask I tell them anything $1 or better is great and helps if thay leave something behind. Of course it doesn't stop me from returning stuff without a tip, 😉!

D4christ1

But ordered food 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣😂. I just had an ubereats which I rarely do, it was from upper providence to near mcdade in the hood, 20mins... I wouldn’t have accepted it if I knew it was to the hood. Anyway, he def looked like he shouldn’t be spending $30+ in burgers and tarter tots. He def didn’t tip.