Uber Drivers Forum banner

Tips

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stevedmc 
#1 ·
Comments I heard this weekend.
1. I would tip you but I don't have any cash. (more than once)
2. Can I put the tip on the card?
3. When I signed up we put 20% tip on trips. (Where in the world did that come from)
46 trips this week.
About 5 riders left a tip.

What's keeping Uber from doing like Lyft and allow customers to tip on app?
Could #3 be true and Uber is keeping 20% extra?

#2 ·
3. When I signed up we put 20% tip on trips. (Where in the world did that come from)
There used to be (maybe still is?) an option to set a default tip percentage for UberTAXI service.. this only applies to UberTAXI which isn't offered in most cities.
And most pax are too dumb to realize there's a difference between uberX and UberTAXI so some of them still think they're including a tip on every ride.

#4 ·
There used to be (maybe still is?) an option to set a default tip percentage for UberTAXI service.. this only applies to UberTAXI which isn't offered in most cities.
And most pax are too dumb to realize there's a difference between uberX and UberTAXI so some of them still think they're including a tip on every ride.
Taxi is in 4 or 5 US cities, yet when setting up the app they are asked to set up the tip %...

This is on purpose to be deceptive .

Uber's way of teaching us a lesson. Go ahead and Sue... see what happens

#3 ·
Comments I heard this weekend.
1. I would tip you but I don't have any cash. (more than once)
2. Can I put the tip on the card?
46 trips this week.
About 5 riders left a tip.

What's keeping Uber from doing like Lyft and allow customers to tip on app?
Could #3 be true and Uber is keeping 20% extra?
Uber hates drivers.
Uber " Has Your Back ".

Attachments

#5 ·
Not sure who actually said it, but I've joined the 4 stars for no tip movement. Wonder if nontippers will get the message.
Had a guy in NOLA who said "If you can't afford a tip, you shouldn't ride in Uber/Lyft" He was a bartender at place on Esplanade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.