Tips on Tips

Uber chick in miami

Any tips on tips?

I am wondering how many of you Uber/Lyft drivers are getting tips?
How often?
How much?
And what do you think is getting you tips?

Opinions on tip jars?

naplestom75

I don't know about jars, but alot of people are putting passive aggressive signs on their backseat and claim it works pretty well. I also think you should always have cash or small bills visible in your console for them to see and be reminded that that everyone might not be a cheap prick like them.

Uber chick in miami

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do the cash visible in console as a subtle reminder. But I take most people are cheap or broke.

The funny thing is they will leave 5 stars and good comments about how great my service was, however few leave tips. Maybe I don't look needy enough.. lol

Motursa

When they are happy with my service and said "I'm gonna give you 5 stars" I reply thanks, but don't pay attention to the stars, and if they ask why? I said it is a distraction, and they go "distraction from what?" and I say FROM TIPPING. CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!!

ShadyBrady

I've actually had pax tell me "I'm giving you 5 stars - I know that's what you guys really want." Yeah, 5 stars or $5 ... hmm, tough choice. I haven't had much luck spending those stars.

Manotas

I do the cash visible in console as a subtle reminder. But I take most people are cheap or broke.

The funny thing is they will leave 5 stars and good comments about how great my service was, however few leave tips. Maybe I don't look needy enough.. lol
Maybe is that brand new car they think Uber/Lyft gave us for driving makes people think we don't need tips