1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tips in Calgary

Discussion in 'Calgary' started by UberYYC, Nov 4, 2015.

1. UberYYC

UberYYC Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have done about 25 trips so far and haven't received any tips. I have a 5 star rating, so service is good, but tips haven't even come up in conversation with PAX and we have talked about Uber and pay a lot.

How have other Calgary drivers been doing in the tip department?

ramilv likes this.
  2. CompKing

CompKing Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I say 1 out of every 10 passengers give me a tip. Of course after I state "it is not necessary". Once passengers get used to the system and understand we need tips to recognize. By going the extra mile with bottled water, phone chargers, etc. to keep a 5 Star rating, drivers should be able to be rewarded for this directly from passengers.

P.S. I see the finally changed the SMS and Phone relay from a Quebec number. Most PAX expected me to roll up with a strong French accent.

ramilv and TheSnowman like this.
  3. UberYYC

UberYYC Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So do tips come up generally or do you bring them up? I think most PAX just assume they shouldn't tip because of Uber stating it isn't need, so they never even think about it. I have thought about putting in a tip jar so they think about it or saying tips are usually pretty good when they ask how the money is driving for Uber, as this happens often.

ramilv likes this.
  4. CompKing

CompKing Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Search for "TAG". It is especially easy when people ask about what it is like to drive for Uber. Don't force it, and have a genuine conversation about it. For that matter they may be a candidate for the $100 driver bonus. I've given out a bunch of business cards with my code on it, but no "luck" so far. As soon as Nenshi stops being difficult and scaring away drivers and passengers, I'm sure it will be a little easier to get referral bonuses.

ramilv and UberYYC like this.
  5. zelix

zelix New Member

I got lots of tips on halloween, since then not so much, recently drove a guy who was getting his $100k cls63 serviced and was wearing a rolex and he didnt tip surprisingly.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Active Member

He probably just lost his job in the oilpatch and is getting ready to start with UBER, watch for that car on the road ! :D

SuperMike likes this.
  7. RomanCalgary

RomanCalgary New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    :D

8. jhrr1968

jhrr1968 New Member

9. UberLuver

UberLuver New Member

As a passenger using Uber for the first time today (which a lot of Calgary probably is), at the end of the ride I asked for help with the payment, not realizing I couldn't set the tip then. I was sad because the driver was INCREDIBLE. I will definitely bring cash in the future and hope I didn't get marked down!

ramilv likes this.
  10. ramilv

ramilv New Member

11. ramilv

ramilv New Member

12. UberxGTA

UberxGTA Well-Known Member

All you calgary drivers better start educating all your riders that tips are not included from the start or complain about it for the rest of your driving career. cash only....or food at drive thrus if you allow them. I have 9000+ trips in GTA

UberTorontoNewbie likes this.
  13. UberTorontoNewbie

UberTorontoNewbie Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    9000? Wow. In how many trips?

14. CompKing

CompKing Member

Driving:
    UberX
  15. UberxGTA

UberxGTA Well-Known Member

Total trips. 5K+ five star. I've been slacking the last few months though. 2/3 of riders don't bother voting nowadays.

16. CompKing

CompKing Member

Driving:
    UberX
  17. Niagara Driver

Niagara Driver New Member

The guy is a known troll. He can't verify all those trips. Also, one in a 1000 tips, not one in ten!