1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tipping

Discussion in 'Denver' started by RAB08, Nov 9, 2017.

1. RAB08

RAB08 New Member

I just tried to help a pax find the option to tip. I couldn't find it anywhere. She was able to rate me no problem but didn't get the option to tip me. Any ideas? Clearly Uber changed this since I last rode.

2. Daisey77

Daisey77 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Has she ever been able to tip? Maybe Passengers had to opt in too . . . ?

3. UberDezNutz

UberDezNutz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    They probably have a non updated app. A lot of people turn off auto updat apps if that's the case they may have never updated their app

Pax don't have to opt in to tipping like drivers do

Daisey77 and Duber12 like this.
  4. RAB08

RAB08 New Member

Maybe... she said she was able to when she was in California a few months ago and now it hasn't been working. Maybe she does need to update app. I'll remember that next time.

5. UberDezNutz

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The uber app makes it actually kinda difficult to rate and tip your driver . It's much easier on Lyft

6. Dude.Sweet.

Dude.Sweet. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Agreed, i couldn't figure out how to tip on the rider app last time I took a ride, but I tipped in cash. The app has been weird tonight, I picked up a lady and drove her 10 blocks ($1 tip) and she said she couldn't get the app to work for 10 minutes, said it was unavailable. Another rider could not update her destination, she was from London and her phone would not let her pick Pepsi center for some weird reason, seems glitchy.

7. RAB08

RAB08 New Member

Yeah I've noticed that too. Sometimes it takes a long time to select my route- even when I have good signal. Also today I got a ping and tapped it. Then I lost it. It just disappeared. Annoying.

8. KevRyde

KevRyde Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Maybe Uber was a bit broken today. My last ride today was a POOL rematch. I ended up with three pickups/dropoffs which I didn't know was possible. The first two drop offs were at Grand Hyatt and then Hyatt Regency, and the third was in Lakewood just down Wads from where I live which worked out nicely. The Lakewood rider said he tried to order Select but that the app wouldn't respond to his request, so he went to the POOL/UberX screen and ended up requesting POOL. He was cool enough to add a $20 tip to the ride which certainly made the payout for the hour and a half ride downright palatable.

upload_2017-11-9_23-14-10.png

RAB08 likes this.
  9. RAB08

RAB08 New Member

I've had three people (three different pickups) in a Pool before. On two different occasions. So I think it happens now and then.

10. UberDezNutz

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I figured 3 airport pick ups on a pool wouldn't happen because ya know people drive Chevy sparks and micro cars in uber. Not everybody drives fancy luxury crossovers

ATG and RAB08 like this.
  11. RAB08

RAB08 New Member

I don't think I've ever had a Pool at the airport where I actually picked up another person. One time I picked up someone at the Airport and then another at Hotel City on Tower. Took both riders downtown. But I haven't been driving two months quite yet :)

12. ATG

ATG Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I had 3 different pickups at the airport, and I really got pissed off when 1 of the uber pool request brings like 4 luggages. Then sits in the front and mentions that my minivan is the perfect car for Uber Pool(no tip). :mad:. Yeah, i spent more money and gas buying a minivan to transport your cheap ass on Uber Pool :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Daisey77, durwardfarquhar and KevRyde like this.
  13. UberDezNutz

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Those f*ucking pieces of s*it

Brokendown likes this.
  14. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

I think uber should have a rule about number of suitcases, just like the airlines do. You want to bring four suitcases? Great. $5/each. LOL.

15. Duber12

Duber12 Well-Known Member

And less than 50 lbs apiece!

Brokendown and Archie Nelson like this.
  16. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

They can be as heavy as they want as long as they are the ones doing the lifting. If they want my help, then... :)
    In reality I usually help customers with their bags, more because if I don't they always seem to bang up my bumper... but I've had a few where I see the suitcase coming and I can just tell... no thanks, and don't even offer unless they request it or are elderly, etc.

17. Frontier Guy

Frontier Guy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had 3 Lyft Line pax a couple of times.

18. Dude.Sweet.

Dude.Sweet. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    On our way back from our wedding in Cancun last month, we had 3 huge suitcases, 2 carry on sized suitcases, and 2 backpacks, I ordered XL, no way I am shoving all that **** in someone's Prius or Elantra.

Brokendown, Archie Nelson and RAB08 like this.
  19. Reno31

Reno31 Member

I noticed Uber makes it tougher for its riders the option of rating and tipping the drivers; unlike Lyft. We should be able to notify Uber about this.

Bphelps likes this.
  20. HighRollinG

HighRollinG Active Member

Dont make excuses for pax. They know how to tip, they just dont want to