"Tip"

MattMo81

IMG_1782.JPG
Picked up an older lady for her 2 mi trip. I could see her slip something on the center console as she's getting out. I said thank you, I appreciate it. Then I see what it was. I'll take this right to Wawa get some gas or maybe a bite to eat. Oh wait. Smh. I'll keep checking for an in-app tip but I'm not holding my breath.

Ardery

I'm not religious. I respect those who are. but for people to hand that stuff out to somebody else... I'd be annoyed. I'd hand it back.

bobby747

What's not right..i am just finishijng a nice LT..but I was getting all 1 mile rides xl..i get to restaurant for xl..pu...guys not ready..asks can I wait...i ask how long says 10 mins. He will give me $20 to$30 is that ok..i wait....we end our trip. He says I will give it to u on app now...he puts in$30 Uber won't let him...GUYS A RICH LAWYER WHO'S NOT CHEAP..TRYS $25...UBERS APP TELLS HIM $22.50. I see with my own eyes . I say we are cool..thank you..wtf. uber

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170929-005052.png
    Screenshot_20170929-005052.png
    38 KB · Views: 62

Stray cat

What OP failed to realize was that older lady was trying to say that later guy's tip would happen per the Lord's simple plan, lol.

What's weird about in-app tipping is that pax may have irritated me enough for me to give 4 stars only for me later to discover pax had tipped me in-app. Then I need to reconsider whether to re-enter to increase pax rating.

OGT

What's not right..i am just finishijng a nice LT..but I was getting all 1 mile rides xl..i get to restaurant for xl..pu...guys not ready..asks can I wait...i ask how long says 10 mins. He will give me $20 to$30 is that ok..i wait....we end our trip. He says I will give it to u on app now...he puts in$30 Uber won't let him...GUYS A RICH LAWYER WHO'S NOT CHEAP..TRYS $25...UBERS APP TELLS HIM $22.50. I see with my own eyes . I say we are cool..thank you..wtf. uber
You know why they do this, right? Credit card fraud is insane these days. It's so easy to get numbers off the dark web with bitcoins.

wk1102

In app tips ate limited to 2x the fare on both uber and lyft. On one of them , i don't remember which, they for sure can go through the email receipt and add even more.

I know for sure this is true on one, may be both but I dont know for sure.

Ardery

What OP failed to realize was that older lady was trying to say that later guy's tip would happen per the Lord's simple plan, lol.

What's weird about in-app tipping is that pax may have irritated me enough for me to give 4 stars only for me later to discover pax had tipped me in-app. Then I need to reconsider whether to re-enter to increase pax rating.
it's what I've been saying to everyone. keep handing out 1 stars like tic tacs. you'll blow any possibility of in app tips.

NAAAA

Bobby that happened to me too. I made $4 in fare and they wanted to tip $20 in the app but it didnt let them. We should email uber about this maybe they will change it .

MattMo81

I had 2 pax tell me they would tip me on the app this weekend, then didn't tip. Maybe they will later, but I doubt it. If they said that with no intention to tip that's worse than the religious pamphlet. I think next time somebody says that I'm gonna put them on the spot and say I want to make sure it goes through, can you do it now before you leave?

Jefg1110

View attachment 162679 Picked up an older lady for her 2 mi trip. I could see her slip something on the center console as she's getting out. I said thank you, I appreciate it. Then I see what it was. I'll take this right to Wawa get some gas or maybe a bite to eat. Oh wait. Smh. I'll keep checking for an in-app tip but I'm not holding my breath.
As a% of your weekly earnings, what is your % of tips?Mine is since Uber allows tipping is 8%.Too little too late??

MattMo81

Just did the math. This week tips were 4% of my earnings. Better than nothing, but it really should be more. "There is no need to tip" - the ghost of TK