• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tip Sign goes Digital

Fireguy50

I know most experienced drivers will hate the slides and the idea. But as long as I get results it's a winner.

This also should help illuminate the front passenger PAX for the cheap dash camera I purchased.

I have an aftermarket backup camera on the headliner by the dome light and sunglass holder
IMG_20160516_005526.jpg

So I installed a $30 media player to solicit tips and educate PAX.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009B5FLKY/?tag=ubne0c-20
I can update the slides at any time to maximize effect and eliminate any that don't initiate positive conversation. Plan to add slides about local sports scores and start times.
The backup camera still has priority over the media player, as seen in the video.

Switches installed below the shifter near the drivers knees.
PicsArt_05-23-07.45.21.jpg

Stereo was the closest thing I could find that made sense.
Interior Light switch activates Red LED mood lighting in the rear for the dash camera. I'll document the mood lighting in another thread.
IMG_20160523_133135.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamG

Nice job! I found a really nifty android app to do something similar with a tablet, paired with a Flic bluetooth button I mounted which I can program to bring up different things on the tablet based on different clicks. Since this photo i've moved it from the headrest to the middle console. I find it does work really well!

incar1.jpg
flic-triggers-simple-e164c2d6b698ce1d63db471335af2b275095ae83c6c2f831da3f04901285a610.jpg

Simon

Nice job! I found a really nifty android app to do something similar with a tablet, paired with a Flic bluetooth button I mounted which I can program to bring up different things on the tablet based on different clicks. Since this photo i've moved it from the headrest to the middle console. I find it does work really well!

View attachment 41795View attachment 41797
Whats the android app, this is exactly what I wanted to do!

WilliamG

Whats the android app, this is exactly what I wanted to do!
The one I use is SureVideo, I picked it because it has a ton of features but it is definitely pricey... If you search for android kiosk apps you can probably find similar that will do what you want with less cost.

Santa

You should also add saying "Rating your driver less than 5* can get him deactivated."

WilliamG

Jeez, $59.86! Okay, I'm going to find something cheaper - that is nuts!!
Yeah I know and there are definitely alternatives. I am a programmer by trade and wanted the advanced features it has to pull in live data like weather, community calendar etc and display them as a ticker on top of my media.

HoldenDriver

Yeah I know and there are definitely alternatives. I am a programmer by trade and wanted the advanced features it has to pull in live data like weather, community calendar etc and display them as a ticker on top of my media.
Ah - I didn't know it did all that. Well, that is a lot more unique and compelling.

uberron73

I know most experienced drivers will hate the slides and the idea. But as long as I get results it's a winner.

This also should help illuminate the front passenger PAX for the cheap dash camera I purchased.

I have an aftermarket backup camera on the headliner by the dome light and sunglass holder
View attachment 41582

So I installed a $30 media player to solicit tips and educate PAX.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009B5FLKY/?tag=ubne0c-20
I can update the slides at any time to maximize effect and eliminate any that don't initiate positive conversation. Plan to add slides about local sports scores and start times.
The backup camera still has priority over the media player, as seen in the video.

Switches installed below the shifter near the drivers knees.
View attachment 41584

Stereo was the closest thing I could find that made sense.
Interior Light switch activates Red LED mood lighting in the rear for the dash camera. I'll document the mood lighting in another thread.
View attachment 41583
This is awesome. Where and how did u get the program? To show those pics and saying. I have a monitor and I can get the media player but then how do I add those pics and saying and photos of the kids? Thxs for showing this. I think it's great. Plz help me I wanna do this

Last edited:

Fireguy50

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is awesome. Where and how did u get the program? To show those pics and saying. I have a monitor and I can get the media player but then how do I add those pics and saying and photos of the kids? Thxs for showing this. I think it's great. Plz help me I wanna do this
That's all Photoshop and stock photos.
You can use other photo editor software

Ubernic

This is so tacky and disguisting, sorry. It would make the ride feel so cheap, constant advertisements flashing, guilt trip about the tips, then guilt trip about the rate cuts. People would avoid using anything you offer because they would feel obligated to tip you after.

Another note about the rate cut slide, seriously tacky. I have heard from more than one rider that they had drivers constantly complain about Uber and how bad it is for them. It made the riders so uncomfortable, they didn't want to hear the guy complain about his job. Imagine if you went to a movie theater and the guy selling snacks starts @@@@@ing about his job and how everyone got a pay cut. If I worked for Uber and saw that slide I would deactivate you. That is not an issue for the riders, that is an issue between you and Uber, in regards to the agreement you have to drive for them at those rates.

uberron73

That's all Photoshop and stock photos.
You can use other photo editor software
Where can I get the photos? I tried to Google them and I can't find any. I see it a slideshow. If I can find the photos I can prb figure out the media player