• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tip % option?

gary2323

This could be totally random, but the past few chips I’ve gotten have that either exactly 15% of the total fare for the pax. It could just be a total coincidence and these riders have made side calculations and made a tip to exactly 15% or, I’m hoping that Uber has made a change to the tip amount option And now it’s a percentage of the ride instead of those small dollar amounts that are preset options .

Anyone else seeing a similar trend? Clearly, the bad PR for Uber in the news Iis having a positive effect on the passengers showing emotion and empathy towards us, as drivers .

MoreTips

If the ride is priced over a certain price the rider is given a option of tip % instead of $ amounts.

FLKeys

I see fixed amounts and % amounts all the time. I have never used the rider app so I don't know if it is the app suggesting a method or a persons settings. One thing I did notice is most of the time on Lyft when it comes as a percentage it is immediate almost like the rider has it set to default tip XX% on every ride.