Tip option removed on some versions of the app?

SoccerDad23

Has anybody had experience with the tip option being removed on some versions of the iPhone app? I had a passenger today with an older iPhone that did not have it, when she was trying to show me where it was. She was complaining about how difficult it was to find in the app when we were talking about a passenger 2 days ago that had an iPhone 7 that I could not find it on (I told that passenger that she probably needed to download the latest upgrade, and she said she had earlier in the day.)

Has anyone else been able to verify whether it has been removed (or hidden) in any versions? I told today's passenger that it's possible they took it away while they were doing another upgrade and plan to add it back. Because: Uber.

UberPrius11

Old version does not have it and they are not required to update.

Also have not confirmed but when giving a friend a ride the tip is set to a max of $10 now (And this was on a $30 ride)

Foober_Lyftz

Old version does not have it and they are not required to update.

Also have not confirmed but when giving a friend a ride the tip is set to a max of $10 now (And this was on a $30 ride)
False, had a $20 tip in app last week. Still think it has to do with total cost of the ride though. This was a longer ride