• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tip limit

Ptuberdriver

Hey who knew there was a tip limit in the app. You can only tip double the amount of the trip. So if it's a $3 trip they can give you $6 max. Rare someone would give twice they paid for the trip, but if someone did tried to tip $7 on a $3 ride because they were generous, and it said the max is $6, there's a chance that they would just not tip.

losiglow

I had a passenger who promised me they'd tip $40 if I could get them to a party by a certain time (late night on a Saturday, dude was kind of tipsy, had girls in the car he was trying to impress, yadda yadda). Anyways, we got there and when he went to tip, he told me he was unable to tip more than the ride cost. But he said he'd get in touch with Uber to figure it out.

30 minutes later I got a notification of a $40 tip even though the ride was only $21 (for him). I was surprised he actually followed through.....

No Prisoners

I had a passenger who promised me they'd tip $40 if I could get them to a party by a certain time (late night on a Saturday, dude was kind of tipsy, had girls in the car he was trying to impress, yadda yadda). Anyways, we got there and when he went to tip, he told me he was unable to tip more than the ride cost. But he said he'd get in touch with Uber to figure it out.

30 minutes later I got a notification of a $40 tip even though the ride was only $21 (for him). I was surprised he actually followed through.....
It's called VENMO or PayPal. When riders say "tip you in the app" tell him Uber takes a 50%, best to use VENMO. Make sure women he's trying to impress hear you loud and clear.

Benjamin M

Maybe this tip limit thing varies by market or perhaps it has been changed? Because I have received several tips that were significantly more than the trip.

Cableguynoe

I gotta say I’ve been fortunate enough to also find this out the hard way a few times.
One of the times dude went into his house and brought me an extra $20 since he had promised me $50.
Other times I didn’t get what they wanted to give me, but I appreciate that they tried.