Tip: don't accept rides in MDR, Venice, playa vista etc

jaywaynedubya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're lucky. All my Venice/MDR trips are to Santa Monica. Traffic hell.
Those are actually better trips, they move you away from the airport whilst getting paid. I usually have to dead mile it to Santa Monica and turn on the app, and hope I don't get a airport ride, but if i do it will still be 25-30 bucks depending on the route i take.

Usually I just scout out the customer before I drive past their pickup location to check for luggage and if i'm in MDR or playa vista and i see any type of luggage, I cancel. lol But you never know you have these weekenders who go to SF-bay area without luggage, so it's always a gamble.

groovyguru

Worst LAX ride I ever had was from Venice. Chick sat in the front, like she was going to get there sooner by being one seat ahead. Traffic was a cluster *&&* of Persian Princesses driving their sugar daddy's euro-trash cars, hipsters in Audi's, a bunch of Ford Fusion uBer cars, and an occasional old school poop beard piloted Triumph motorcycle. She called her BF, "Hey, can you look up our route and find a faster way?" "Where are you?" "I'm on Lincoln." Crickets chirped. "There isn't a better way, you are SOL, baby." I could hear the conversation from her loud smart phone. "I could have told you that," I said under my breath.

Tedgey

Traffic was a cluster *&&* of Persian Princesses driving their sugar daddy's euro-trash cars, hipsters in Audi's, a bunch of Ford Fusion uBer cars, and an occasional old school poop beard piloted Triumph motorcycle
This is a stylish writer. I like this description very much, both for its artistry and it's accurate depiction. 5 stars for you.

UberDoll

Worst LAX ride I ever had was from Venice. Chick sat in the front, like she was going to get there sooner by being one seat ahead. Traffic was a cluster *&&* of Persian Princesses driving their sugar daddy's euro-trash cars, hipsters in Audi's, a bunch of Ford Fusion uBer cars, and an occasional old school poop beard piloted Triumph motorcycle. She called her BF, "Hey, can you look up our route and find a faster way?" "Where are you?" "I'm on Lincoln." Crickets chirped. "There isn't a better way, you are SOL, baby." I could hear the conversation from her loud smart phone. "I could have told you that," I said under my breath.
:biggrin: hilar.

Deric

she strikes me as the kind to have a 4pm flight and order an Uber at 3:10pm

UberIgnorance

Yeah, I've noticed a higher-than-normal propensity for Playa Del Rey pickups to have LAX destinations as well.
Night before last, a request in PDR turned out to be an LAX destination, as did my first trip (PDR request) the next day.

Coming from south of Core LA sucks, but a little extra downtime is worth lowering the odds of wasteful LAX trips.

Once again, patience is a virtue.

second2noone

These cheap a $$es are over the top. One time waiting in pig pen picked up from lax and drop off in westchester. Omg 2 miles. Then saw her get in her car and drive away. 1* that cheap a $$