Tip Button for the Uber App (Only way to start getting tipped Reg)

E Mail [email protected] Ask for Tip Button to be added to App

• Yes

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Killeen Ubur

Lyft App has a tip button on it...That's why my Lyft paks tip over 80% of the time. Make's a big different in pay.

If Lyft can do it Uber can to, only thing will they? I know you guys are coming out with these signs to encourage tipping. Remember during the day most paks don't carry cash. Only at night they may carry some cash going out on the town.....We know the Lyft tip button works, why reinvent the wheel, just e mail Uber Support and ask for the tip bottom be added to the App......Uber On....

Here the link that Uber said's No tipping:
https://help.uber.com/h/1be144ab-609a-43c5-82b5-b9c7de5ec073

Love my tips from Lyft Only one day Sunday (2hrs)

Attachments

Last edited:

Tx rides

I don't think you are going to see a tip feature added until several rounds of "employee classification" class actions are settled in Uber's favor (if that is possible)

Killeen Ubur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think you are going to see a tip feature added until several rounds of "employee classification" class actions are settled in Uber's favor (if that is possible)

It's funny lyft has tip button not getting sued...uber has no tip button always getting sued ?

Tx rides

It's funny lyft has tip button not getting sued...uber has no tip button always getting sued ?
I think Uber is a much larger force to "reckon with". What ever hits them will surely splash on Lyft. I just believe, until this is settled, why would they take the risk of owing any other taxes? It is not as thousands of drivers are not going out every day even though there is no tip feature.

Stratos

In some cities Uber does have a tip button. Only for the Uber Taxi but any reply saying that it can not be added to the programing or what not is a total lie.

Killeen Ubur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice check those guys out company just started in Feb of this year........First thing is the customer is aways using there smartphone....Will not be paying attention to a tablet in your car...especially to see more advertisements...These kids should of spent more time on marketing research instead of running blindly into production.....To many moving parts.....KISS Keep it simple stupid....And the customer is going to tip thru Paypal no way in hell that's going to happen

LOL! At least somebody's workin' on it!!!
Exactly, I think there may be enough momentum on the tipping issue to get Uber's attention but e-mailing them probably won't do much. Wonder how many drivers here would be willing to put their money where their mouth is and take a Fri. night off from driving.

ATX 22

Exactly, I think there may be enough momentum on the tipping issue to get Uber's attention but e-mailing them probably won't do much. Wonder how many drivers here would be willing to put their money where their mouth is and take a Fri. night off from driving.
Love to, but the total number of members of this forum translates to about 1-3% of all drivers in the Austin area. Sadly, that won't make much of an impact.

Nate R

It really starts here on the forums. The group has met a few times and has grown each time. The more people that are involved the louder the unified voice becomes and the harder it is to ignore. We've already made it into the print news with that Austin Chronicle article and will probably be in the news again in the near future.

LaustinAustin

I agree UP.net needs more drivers. I had a ride where two UBER drivers were requested due to the number of PAX (they actually did it right). We were going to the Palmer Center. Upon arrival, I waited for the second driver, hoping to meet him. When he pulled up, I asked him if he was on UP.net. "Huh? What's that?". I invited him, but I doubt we will ever see him on here. But that is what we need to continually do, reach out to the drivers who think they are "alone in a large group of drivers".

Stratos

I got to talk to about 8 drivers the other night at COTA while waiting for my pax's. Times like those are great to meet and greet, hear the common complaints and bring up this forum and the advocacy group.