1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tip Box place in Car today and headrest rating/Tip signs order.

Discussion in 'Ann Arbor' started by UofMDriver, Jan 4, 2017.

1. UofMDriver

UofMDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Well, I'm trying the tip cup. Today was day one, it certainly does help. We will see when the signs come in how well they work.

2. MittenSportsFan

MittenSportsFan Active Member

It will be interesting to see how it works out.
    I am sure a Tip Jar will generate more tips.
    But it will also lower your rating as some passengers find it unprofessional or take offense.
    Uber has offered a couple of promotions providing $1 per 5 Star rating.
    I actually like that as it provides a Tip for high level of service on most every trip and still leaves an avenue for cash tips from passenger.

StupidFish likes this.
  3. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

Have you guys gotten car signs yet? Now that we are supposed to.

4. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    So far so good. Some XL trips I get more than 1 person tipping. No doubt it will increase revenues. Just got my Annual Lyft report, made 955.00 in tips in 2016!

ImmerUber likes this.
  5. MittenSportsFan

MittenSportsFan Active Member

Lyft passengers can tip anyway and are prompted in app.
    I am referring to Uber tips.
    I think it would help in A2 with the students that almost never tip.
    What does your sign day?

6. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Last night I did some long driving. Tip Cup works great it is stuffed. My cup says
    Tip Cup
    XXXXXX
    College Fund.

It is stuffed full , I have to empty it before driving today. Even Lyft passengers were tipping with dollars!

Head Rest is divided into the middle. One side covers tipping the other side covers the Rating System.

ImmerUber likes this.
  7. ImmerUber

ImmerUber Active Member

UMDriver,
    Would you be so kind and share a photo of your customer Tippy cup?

me2 likes this.
  8. ImmerUber

ImmerUber Active Member

I received my e-mail as well:
    Trips and Tips - 1864 and $2164. That dollar amount represents about 10% of the gross earnings. I'm at the 20% fee level for both Lyft and Uber.

9. me2

me2 Active Member

Hi could you send a picture

10. A2Bickle

A2Bickle New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    That is brilliant!!!!!!!! College Fund Im trying that out. I do mostly Uber and a solid rating if goes south. Always figured A2 is too stuck up, maybe it doesn't hurt to ask. Got tip plenty in Metro Detroit, what times im there. Thanks

11. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Some times riders tip me on the Lyft Platform and give me a cash tips. That's a double whammy!

12. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Update on tip cup and sign.....Big Success. If you don't have one get one. Otherwise your missing out on Revenues. I don't drive like I use too. Now that I'm doing so many Lyft mentorings. Tips have been rolling in when I do. Just in a couple hours of driving last night. I made over 30 dollars in tips, had to empty my little tip box more often lately. Overall I should of done it along time ago. My ratings have not been effected at all. That is all hogwash. If you provide a nice clean car, and friendly atmosphere. You will make good tips by adding a sign and tip jar or box!!!!

13. UberPhoenix

UberPhoenix Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    my friend who started driving Uber by my referral, said she met a middle eastern driver at DTW in the north cell lot, that Has a Tip jar with a pic of his wife and kids and are telling PAX that he is trying to get his family home here from Iraq, that the Travel Ban stopped them from letting the come home! He had already made $45 in tips in 2 hours. LOLOL It was a total fraud.. but he played on peoples feelings. It was brilliant!

14. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Drivers are in the service industry, so IMO we should get tips!!

ImmerUber likes this.
  15. vesolehome

vesolehome Well-Known Member

Foolish! I would never make a political statement. Supporters on both sides are too passionate. I'm driving them from point A to point B. I do well with tips without asking for tips. Case of water at Kroger costs me about .16 cents a water to offer them. half say no. all appreciate it. Most who take the water tip. Lots of $5 bills lately.

16. rebutfyl

rebutfyl New Member

please show your tip jar/box

17. electro626

electro626 Member

Come on we all know he doesnt have one. He is a low income making driver. Cant you tell by the way he posts. He's hoping people will forget, hence why he doesnt just come right out and say "no i wont show a picture of the tip cup". He's apparently not smart enough to just end the "tip cup" conspiracy and let it go.

umdriver is a typical 275-300 dollar a week driver who makes minimal tips. Sadly i probably make triple what he makes weekly = /

Ill make you a deal ill show all my income vs yours and my tip cup if you show yours...point being i dont have to worry about this because he wont respond will read this but keep his "get a tip cup" crusade going...knowing it hinders and helps put bad ratings on drivers (yes passengers dislike tip cups it makes them feel forced and find it rude) all the while he rides tipcupless and hopes the bad ratings get the other drivers slowly but surely deactivated (on top of normal low rating passengers doing their low rating thing) thereby thinning the competition out for him. Which again is the sign of a low money making driver...if you cant make big money with competition active ANY night of the week youre a garbage driver and wasting your time.

I own you~

rebutfyl likes this.
  18. MssweetsA2

MssweetsA2 Member

I disagree, I have been thinking if a tip cup as well. Truthfully I think pax should tip but most the students don't. If most drivers out 1 in their car it would be more mainstream for pax to see them and tip. The college kids are tipping bartenders. Coat checks and every1 else, why not their drivers? I mean come on, on most weekend nights they are going on a $5 trip so what's an extra $1 for a tip? Plus many frat guys will do anything to impress their friends and girlsfriends. If I get around to making 1 I will post it and tell u all how it goes. Until then I encourage others to use 1, not because I wanted them booted off Uber but because pax SHOULD be expected and leave tips!

19. vesolehome

vesolehome Well-Known Member

you'll never post what you make regardless of any challenge given out by you.

rebutfyl likes this.
  20. UofMDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    I have a tip Box between my seats, easy access for passengers. Also a tip sign. I haven't been driving much, because I mentor for Lyft. Going back to pure driving. Tip box has been a big success!!!

You can't get booted off Uber for a tip box. Remember the court proceedings, Uber cannot deactivate drivers for not accepting rides, and it is no longer against Uber rules to get tips. Both were big improvements for drivers. Drive smart, not like a blind mouse.